Xbox hard drive problems

Hey, i have had a modded xbox for ages but only recently started to use it for stuff other than playing copied games. I have managed to suss out FTP and emulators and stuff now after a good few days, but my problem arised when i wanted to put an xbox game from my pc and wanted to store it onto my xbox hd rather than burning it to a disk and playing it that way. I know i have an 80gb hard drive in there so tried to FTP it to that. However, i wasnt allowed. I am using Evo X and looking on the system settings, it says I have C, D, E, F, G, X, Y, Z. When using flash FXP, it says my F and G drive both have space on but looking on the system settings, it says that there space is 0.

FlashFXP says this about the drives:
[R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /F/.
[R] 226 free disk space under this directory : 748.059.789.208

[R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /G/.
[R] 226 free disk space under this directory : 748.059.789.208

I cannot however put stuff on to these drives as they fail and my evo x system settings say that there is 0 space on them. Any ideas?

I’m pretty sure C, D, and E are the drives you can put data on. At least that’s how it is with my xbox. Have you tried those?

C is the system, quite small, about 500 Mb…
D is the DVD-ROM
E contsins savegames, about 5 GB free and no more :smiley:

F should be your friend, but seems this is not enabled in Evox menu. (anyone still uses that old stuff, bah) So you should enable this. Also with a proper BIOS and with using proper settings you should have only F and not G too. (especially with such a small HDD, G should be over 200 GB, if it is needed at all, proper BIOS versions can hande drives up to about 500 GB)

regards, Stephen