Xbox Backups not reading

[qanda]This thread is about the Matshita UJ-850S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello guys

I am trying to burn my xbox 360 games that i own on to a dvd dl but my x box wont read it. The burn process goes perfectly fine with no errors but when i put it in the xbox it says this game is unreadable. I am using img burn to burn it and have changed the layer break to 1913760 and am burning it on Memorex DVD+R DL disks with a matishta UJ870 Drive. I was also wondering if it is necessary to change the booktype as my drive does not support it.

help would be greatly appreciated

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

A few things may help (not necessarily in this order):

1. Use quality DL discs (Verbatim, Made in Singapore) - your Matshita is picky at the best of times, and I’d imagine even more so with DL.
  2. Set the booktype to DVD-ROM
  3. Get a better drive (e.g. Pioneer, which are very good DL burners)

Possibly others more experienced in burning XBox backups will have more to say. :slight_smile:

Due to the mashita drive you cannot set a booktype.

[QUOTE=chef;2194936]Due to the mashita drive you cannot set a booktype.[/QUOTE]

True, so I think personally a new drive would be the way to go, given the Matshita’s pickiness with most media as well :slight_smile:

Alright, Thanks for the reply so that it mean your drive has to be able to do bitsetting???

[QUOTE=ramaa;2195492]Alright, Thanks for the reply so that it mean your drive has to be able to do bitsetting???[/QUOTE]

Just read some “console backup” threads.
I have no console but it seems to be necessary…