Xbox and dvr

i have an xbox 360 and I saw somewhere that I can turn it into a DVR. Is this possible? If so how? or can I turn my comp into a DVR? I have dish network for a service provider and I saw somewhere that I can turn my comp into a DVR. How can I do this? Please help. Thanks!

Not sure on the xbox 360 but to turn your computer into a DVR you need to start with a Video Capture Card. Like one of these:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_tlc.asp?CatId=1423&name=Video-Capture

Most come with the software to install and set up a timer for recording.

i have a XBox360 myself and it’s moded and i know a moderate amount about moding related stuff on XBox1/XBox360 in general and i never heard of turning it into a DVR cause im pretty sure that’s not possible… if it is it’s probably quite complicated as i would assume you would have to modify it since it dont have a ‘video input’ on it so that alone would pretty much stop it from ‘recording’ to it’s own hard drive etc.

but people have streamed data from there PC to it etc etc (if u got Windows Vista, or if you got WindowsXP you need special software that runs on PC but i never really messed with it to much since i got a XBox1 running XBMC so i pretty much use that for all my video related stuff as you can stream movies etc etc from the pc directly to the xbox1 and play it on your tv)… it can also play the XviD/DivX video format if you got a semi recent dashboard on it…

p.s. newest dashboard (which just came out a couple days or so ago) for the xbox360 changed the interface and allowed you do copy games to the xbox360’s hard drive so less wear and tear on drives laser and faster load times… the discs are still required though for disc validation… so u still have to have em in the drive even though the disc aint used during gameplay since it’s all loaded from hard drive if u choose to.

[QUOTE=wantinglove;2161660]i have an xbox 360 and I saw somewhere that I can turn it into a DVR. Is this possible? If so how? or can I turn my comp into a DVR? I have dish network for a service provider and I saw somewhere that I can turn my comp into a DVR. How can I do this? Please help. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Is limited to DVB-T aka ATSC.