Xbox 360 slim trades red ring of death for red dot of death

vbimport

Xbox 360 slim trades red ring of death for red dot of death.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/06/Y2b8G.jpg[/newsimage]Gamers who purchase a new Microsoft Xbox 360 game console won't get a red ring of death, but they could face the potential of a new error sign that informs them of hardware issues.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/xbox-360-slim-trades-red-ring-of-death-for-red-dot-of-death-31081/](http://www.myce.com/news/xbox-360-slim-trades-red-ring-of-death-for-red-dot-of-death-31081/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

WONDER WHAT EXTENDED WARRANTY WILLL BE THROWN WITH THIS NEXT PILE OF CRAP ?
AND WHERE IS THE BLU RAY DRIVE WE WANT AND THE 2TB HDD AND THE (N+) WIRELESS ?

It’s been 4 days now since I bought the new slim model & either myself, or someone else is constantly gaming on it. So far, so good. :slight_smile:

The console itself never got above warm, and I, nor anyone else in the house can hear the fan, unlike the previous model which sounded like my hand held vacuum.

While I’m not a big fan of MS, I’m liking this new model so far.

“The continued CPU, GPU and design upgrades have helped increase Xbox reliability, which has made consumers largely forget about the RRoD.”

I’m guessing the subset of consumers you’re referring to are the ones who both game and make over $100k / year, as the $200 to $400 hit to their wallet went largely unnoticed. The rest of us don’t easily forget having to send and resend (and resend…) the system in for repair and/or pay for a new system.

I’ve never had any real problems with my 360 pro. Granted it’s frozen up on me a few times, but other than that, mine has been just fine.

[QUOTE=hstevens;2527435]The rest of us don’t easily forget having to send and resend (and resend…) the system in for repair and/or pay for a new system.[/QUOTE]

I’ve never owned an XBox 360, but I know NUMEROUS friends that have had to send in their Xbox’s multiple times (3x +) to get them repaired. That’s just ridiculous. Microsoft better have made their new console models more reliable, or they wouldn’t be selling any of them…

I have had “2” of the xbox 360 4GB slim models since Aug 7,2010 , and have had nothing but issues. The first was freezes. The second was the “red dot”(power button). The red power button error also had no video. I am on my third console now, and just hope eveything goes well.

[QUOTE=CORRSA;2527088]WONDER WHAT EXTENDED WARRANTY WILLL BE THROWN WITH THIS NEXT PILE OF CRAP ?
AND WHERE IS THE BLU RAY DRIVE WE WANT AND THE 2TB HDD AND THE (N+) WIRELESS ?[/QUOTE]

it dosnt, microsoft has removed the three year warrenty on new xbox 360 consoles. microsoft is a bunch of knuckle heads, they dont know how to do anything right but make operating systems.

Well i hope it does not happen to me because i just got one for XMAS!:):frowning:

It happened to me. A brand NEW Xbox 360 slim. straight out of box rdod. took it back they said it’s dead. replaced it for ps3. now much happier. If this was a automobile with such a high percentage of defects i’m sure it would be called a lemon or sh#tbox.