Xbox 360 Slim hacked to support backup disc playback

vbimport

Xbox 360 Slim hacked to support backup disc playback.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/08/AunoOR.png[/newsimage]The Microsoft Xbox 360 Slim game console has been successfully hacked to support backup disc playback, with Team Xecuter claiming they’ve developed its latest hack with the help of two othe groups.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/xbox-360-slim-hacked-to-support-backup-disc-playback-33252/](http://www.myce.com/news/xbox-360-slim-hacked-to-support-backup-disc-playback-33252/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

And xbox mini sales soar after playback of backups is supported :iagree:

Although if Microsoft blocks users from using Xbox Live after performing this mod, I doubt many people will take advantage…

The average gamer owns both xbox 360 and PS3, but if Microsoft continues to ban modded consoles! then, the GAMER will choose to stay with PS3! I know I DID!! LOL

[QUOTE=jpimp;2538999]The average gamer owns both xbox 360 and PS3, but if Microsoft continues to ban modded consoles! then, the GAMER will choose to stay with PS3! I know I DID!! LOL[/QUOTE]
I fail to see how that’s a valid comparison since the PS3 hasn’t been hacked.

[QUOTE=Big_Man;2539042]I fail to see how that’s a valid comparison since the PS3 hasn’t been hacked.[/QUOTE]

/Lee Corso/ Not so fast my friend . . . /Lee Corso/

[QUOTE=justcallmebob;2539341]Not so fast my friend . . . /Lee Corso/[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, that has to be the craziest timing in my history! :eek: :smiley:

[QUOTE=Big_Man;2539042]I fail to see how that’s a valid comparison since the PS3 hasn’t been hacked.[/QUOTE]
Errr … yeah … totally …

I’m running CFW on my PS3 so I can play my bluray rips across my network.
There are game managers that can rip your PS3 Game to the HDD, and then mount the game folder on the HDD/portable and play that without that particular game title disc in the console. I know, because I’ve done it with my games - and I just leave one (crappy) game disc in the drive perpetually.

I can only assume that games are now being ripped (using the PS3 console), dumped/ftp’d to a PC, packaged up & exchanged (ppirated) on the internet.

Did you just reply to a one year old thread with todays breakthroughs?

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2601032]Did you just reply to a one year old thread with todays breakthroughs?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=debro;2600651]Errr … yeah … totally …[/QUOTE]
In my defense, I spend an inordinate amount of time looking at that column on the right with “latest posts” while browsing the forums, and very little time checking the date of the previous post …

I maintain the stance that the “Latest Posts” section of the forum is drastically broken, or that the forum server has issues determining which date is more recent …

[QUOTE=debro;2601076]In my defense[/QUOTE] consider all charges dropped. You are a free man. :bigsmile:

Okay, let me reveal the mystery’s solution:
This thread has been bumped by someone else. Unfortunately, that post was not really in accordance to the rules and thus got deleted. :smiley:

Michael