Xbox 360 noise

vbimport

Hi, I have a modified firmware xbox360, I just´ve played original games, but then, a friend lend me his backed up Oblivion, and I noticed that the console doesn´t make any noise or sound when I´m playing, as it does when I play Perfect Dark or Project Gotham 3 that are original.

So, in summary:

Playing original games (PD Zero, Project Gotham 3) = The console make noise.

Playing backed up games (Oblivion) = The console is quiet.

Is it normal?

Thanks.

Depends how wobbly your disc is and how many times the console needs to load data from it.

The answer is easy. You probably have that Samsung firmware that uses the SLOW reading (quiet) mode for backups and the normal FAST reading (loud) mode for originals. To be honest I always use the SLOW and quiet mode. :smiley:

regards, Stephen

Thanks to all. Hey u_n_s97, where do you change that options, and what´s the default? Note: I didn´t change the firmware, someone did it for me, so, if I have to connect the PC to the 360, please tell me how to do it.

The option cannot be changed after the firmware has been flashed, except you reflash the fw with the proper flash file once again.

FOr Xtreme 5.2A backup Read Speed is always same as original game disks 12x. Original discs unaffected

FOr Xtreme 5.2B backup Read Speed is always quiet/slow. Original discs unaffected.

FOr Xtreme 5.2C default backup Read Speed is same as original game disks 12x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Quiet/Slow Read mode, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed (12x). Quiet/Slow Read Speed is for quiet operation and/or cheap DVD+R DL media.

FOr Xtreme 5.2D default backup Read Speed is Quiet/Slow 2-4x. When Original Game disk is booted, all subsequent backup loading will be at Fast Read mode 12x, Original Game disks are unaffected. Turn console off/on to reset back to Default backup read speed for backups (2-4x).

regards, Stephen