XBOX 360 Help

vbimport

Hi everyone, first time on a discussion board so bear with me and I apolgise now if I have posted wrong etc… just hoping someone can point me in the right direction…

I have just bought a modded xbox 360 so I can play back ups.

I have just made a backup of three of my games using a Samsung SH-D162D and an LG Super Multi.

This was done using a tutorial from this site and involved XBOX back up creator, ABGX360 and IMG Burn.

The first game I backed up was “Lost” and the copy works fine.

The second was “Facebreaker” and the third was “King Kong” each of these load and at different stages the sound goes and the game freezes… they allow you to go back to Start menu etc but you can not progress in the game.

So I really am just trying to find out what checks I need to perform etc… but like I say, the first game is fine…

Also, I need to know how to see what firmware my 360 is on and also how to flash upgrade it if necessary, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged.

Thanks and like I said, I am new so bear with me…

Welcome to the forums JVekemans.

If you are backing up to double layer dvds, you need to use Verbatim brand. You didn’t mention which blank disks you have, but Verbatim is one of the only ones reliable enough to recommend. Falcon is the other good brand, but impossible to find locally…you’d need to order them online.

Hi Kerry56 and thanks for the welcome,

Just to confirm, I am using Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL (singapore).

Interestingly I have just copied Hellboy and that is working fine, I have double checked the two originals of the ones I have attempted to copy and the originals are fine.

Is there any tell tale signs to look out for when using IMGBurn?

For example, in the IMGBurn log of Hellboy, the following appears beside an exclamation mark (inside a yellow triangle:

15:05:21 Drive D:(FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size

15:10:41 Write speed Mscompare! -wanted 3,324 KB/s (2.4x) got 5,540 KB/s (4x)

15:37:03 Waiting for device to become ready…

Now as far as I can see the game (copy) is working fine so I presume these have no impact? Am just curious as to what does?

Again many thanks for the welcome…

Your drive D seems to be formatted with FAT32 instead of NTSF, and so that drive cannot hold large files. Don’t know what you are using it for, but ImgBurn will show this notice anytime you have a FAT32 drive in the system, whether you are using it in the burn or not.

The write speed mis-compare is a possible problem for you. I’m not an expert with copying these games, but I believe many people report best results when burning them at 2.4x. Your drive’s firmware won’t allow you to burn these particular disks at this speed. ImgBurn will attempt to set the speed, but if the firmware doesn’t allow it, its not going to happen.

One solution might be to get the slower speed Verbatim disks…which are rated 2.4x-6x on the wrapper. Their mid code is MKM001. The ones you have now are rated at 8x speed and have a mid code of MKM003.

Waiting for the device to become ready is not a big deal.

By the way, I can move this thread into the console forum if you want. I’m not sure the people who have experience burning these games will find it in here. Just let me know if you’d like it moved.

That would be great, I really appreciate all your help…