Xbox 360 convert

Is anyone else having trouble converting DVD to xbox360 (wmv)?

I have had trouble with this over the past 3 versions of DVDFab. Im currently running 5.2.2.2 and it stops mid-task and stops converting.

I’ve tried adjusting resolution, size, and bitrate with no luck.

.AVI and other formats work fine… comments? suggestions?

[quote=bj973;2187529]Is anyone else having trouble converting DVD to xbox360 (wmv)?

I have had trouble with this over the past 3 versions of DVDFab. Im currently running 5.2.2.2 and it stops mid-task and stops converting.

I’ve tried adjusting resolution, size, and bitrate with no luck.

.AVI and other formats work fine… comments? suggestions?[/quote]
I’m doing this now as I just finished hooking up my new xbox. Will post back if I have problem or not

Sorry to say but I have just 6 minutes left and it at 95%. Using default settings for the xbox 360 mobile and it working just fine. Will watch the movie after it finished. The movie I am doing is Step Brothers and I will post back if the movie streams and plays correctly later.

Well it streamed and played correctly on my xbox the only problem I had was the video was a little small so I need to change that so it fits my 46 inch TV better. But 2 hours to rip and convert is too long for me I will stick to burning fulldisc to DVD and play that as it only takes 30 minutes max

I left a DVD -> WMV conversion running overnight only to find that it had stopped, or something, as the cpu was no longer pegged, and this had been running for 6+ hours now.

I had to cancel the job.

I have the same problem on some DVD. I am able to rip them but the conversion to xbox gets hosed. I am able to use the ripped files with other software. Guess I will have to go back to keeping all my dvds near by if this keeps up

hi, all

Please try the new beta version 5.2.2.5.

any problem report is welcome, Thanks.

Guys, Try the generic profile, and use xvid+Audiocopy (using the AVI Extension) - the encoding is much faster, and you get the benefit of 5.1 surround, which I think is lost in the WMV.