-xbox 360 burnt games-

Hey, i have a moded xbox 360 and i have burnt alot of games in the past. When i go back to play the games i havent played in a while they never work (unless i work with them for about half and hour). Is there any way to get them to work faster or to prevent this from happening.

What discs are you using ??

have used 2 different kinds…Verbatim DVD+R DL 8.5 Gb, Radita DVD+R DL 8.5 GB

Try using the -R type media for games

thanks, ill try that but i would like many more suggestions to help them work perfectly

I have the same issue and I use memorex and verbatim. the memorex I use seem to work the longest but after a while they go dead too. which leads me to my next issue of finding a new burner because mine took a dump and will not burn anything anymore and I can’t seem to find one that will burn the games I have bought 2. a HP dvd1070 and a plextor px-850SA which both work great for burning anything other than games

It’s not necessarily the burner itself when it comes to burning CDs/DVDs, but more so the media and/or the firmware of your burner, as well as the software you are using to create the backed up images.

Try updating the firmware on your burner from the manufacturer’s website and I would strongly suggest using Taiyo Yuden blank media.
For me, they are by far the best for data retention and have given the least problems (if any) with coasters.

See how you go.

BV

Taiyo yuden only make -R DL discs, they are not the easiest to find and burner firmware support isn’t as good. All my 360 backups are on Verbatim +R DL with the booktype set to dvd-rom, all where burnt with either a pioneer or a lite-on dvd burner and even games I haven’t played for sometime still spin up fine. I put my backup of table tennis in after not playing for about a year and that spun up fine.

When you say “(unless i work with them for about half and hour).” can you explain that a bit more? do you mean if you leave the box on for ½ before then if works?

Also how are you storing the backups?

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2231119]When you say “(unless i work with them for about half and hour).” can you explain that a bit more? do you mean if you leave the box on for ½ before then if works?[/QUOTE]

For me that means sitting there opening and closing the tray until it works. my regular xbox 360 games spin right up and read and sometimes I can spin up a real game then put a copy in and it will load strange I tell you

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2231039]Try using the -R type media for games[/QUOTE]Do they work at all for XBOX 360 backups ? :confused:

-R DL discs as far as I am aware don’t work or you may get the odd success, best to use +R DL discs with the booktype set to DVD-Rom.

I just tried my backup of GOW which is hasn’t been used for at least 2 years and it worked first time. Its a bit of a strange problem you have, only two things I can think of and that’s your 360s drive is wearing out although I doubt it as you said newer backups work, the other thing is it could be your burners support for the DL discs isn’t great and the burner isn’t burning the discs all that well.

[QUOTE=Jedi Master Yoda;2231532]the other thing is it could be your burners support for the DL discs isn’t great and the burner isn’t burning the discs all that well.[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions to a good sata burner for this? that is why I ultimatly came to CD Freaks

pioneer 215/216 :slight_smile: also what firmware you using on the xbox might be an xtreme none stealthed game trying to run in ixtreme , do you know the game images are correct before burning ie checking with dvd mulleter ? :slight_smile: . but from what seems to be suggested could be the drive ready for conking out or might just need re-potting :slight_smile: . i had to repot my samsung ms28 not so long back as its on it way out im trying to source a new one :slight_smile: , always got my benq drive’d elite to fall back on though :smiley:

[QUOTE=marcus_667;2231895] do you know the game images are correct before burning ie checking with dvd mulleter ? [/QUOTE]

I know the images are correct as they are direct rips and I could burn some of them before with my brothers computer. where do I get this DVD Mulleter?

when i say working with them for half an hour i mean i clean it put it in and try it, if it doesnt work i clean it again and try it again. sometimes i try it a few times without cleaning it. which is better for storing, plastic cases or paper slots? Also i dont burn my own games i cant figure out how to make them with the [U]original disk!![/U]

[QUOTE=SkylineGtr10;2232475] Also i dont burn my own games i cant figure out how to make them with the [U]original disk!![/U][/QUOTE]

For me I have to take my X Box apart every time I get a new game so I can copy it and put the original up for safe keeping. My understanding is that you have to copy from your xbox drive then burn on your computer

buy a samsung kreon pc based drive or search for samsung 162d , or 163b if you want the sata version

If you can like suggested get a Samsung drive that can be flashed with the kreon firmware makes creating backups easy. I have 2 Samsung SH-D162 drives, bought the second as a spare.