X-Men 2 Soundtrack

vbimport

I am fairly confident at copying cd’s and mp3’s from audio cd’s but today i bought the x-men 2 soundtrack but missed the “Copy Protected” logo on the back. It says that the CD can’t be played in a computer and when i insert the CD into the drive it can’t even read the disc. I am guessing that it contains a dummy data track which the CD-ReWriter can’t deal with. Is there anyway that i can even read the CD in my pc let alone rip the tracks?

The first thread in this forum might be a good start :wink:

I have looked at that but i couldn’t find anything in there similar to solving this problem. I cannot even get my pc to recognise the disc let alone use a program to defeat the protection.

Originally posted by Trebius
I cannot even get my pc to recognise the disc let alone use a program to defeat the protection.

If you don’t have the right drive there’s nothing you can do.
Try with Plextors or Yamaha F1.

Hi Trebius,what do you try to read that corrupted disc with?What kind of burner do you have?Have you also tried reading it with your burner?What progr, do you try to read the corrupted disc with?Perhaps a lot of wierd questions ,but it could help if you let us know./gs.

I tried to use lots of different programs but the only one i’ve had partial success with is EAC which recognised the tracks and lengths and another large track on the end which i guess is the “dummy”. However the drive continued to try and read the disc sort of skipping and making horrible noises stopping me from actually ripping any files. I am on a laptop and the only drive i haev is DVD/CD-ReWriter combo drive and i don’t know the make but it has been compatible with most programs including CloneCD so far so it can’t be too bad. If i can just get it to stop trying to read the corrupted section then i reckon it would all work but atm i don’t know how.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Trebius
I am on a laptop and the only drive i haev is DVD/CD-ReWriter combo drive and i don’t know the make but it has been compatible with most programs including CloneCD so far so it can’t be too bad.

Audio protections defeat even some of the best drives.
Good quality of drives doesn’t mean they can read protected audio discs. I’d say that it’s a matter of working in the firmware and manufacturers of laptop drives don’t care about that.

You can afford a lot of work if you can use some Plextor.

If i can just get it to stop trying to read the corrupted section then i reckon it would all work but atm i don’t know how.

To avoid the data track, maybe the “Extract sectors” of CDRWin work.

PS: The option is “Select Sectors” in the “Extract Disc/Tracks/sectors” button of CDRWin.
But I doubt that it work.

Thanx, i’ll try that. Hopefully i’ll have some luck.

Hi again,whats the dvd/cdrw combo manufactuer?It would be very handy to know that,also have you tried some of the new Eac with the retrive native TOC option?Also I don´t know if you´re familiar with how to configure your reader in Eac?If not you could read ´bout it and see if that would do the trick?The large track “at the end” that you see in Eac is the data track containing the "copyprotection:Z "If you can see the audio track and the data track in Eac I´d say youre almost there , mate!Some more info PLEASE and your way to luck will probably open!And if your dvdcdrw combo is compatible with Clone cd try the multi session audio cd setting and see if you have a go?!/gs.(uhmmm by the way
<------------------ 100 posts!)And check this out!