X - Beyond the frontier

Clony says “ProtectCD”, but this can’t be IMHO:

The disc contains some bad sectors: all sectors between 1.300 and about 150.000 (or something like this) are bad, which is not typical for ProtectCD, as far as I know.

There are no visible rings on it.

There is a data track, a small audio track, and an addional small data track. The second data track is completely unreadable and causes a Plextor 24x to hang completely.

I don’t need tips on how to backup: My Toshiba doesn’t have any problem with it. Verifying if a backup is good is a lengthy process, since the game uses FADE.

I just need to know which protection it has.

I know that there are several sites with tables about which game has which protection, but I have seen more than one of them which contains disinformation, so I don’t want to rely on them.

But as some moderator has erased my post from last week probably because of a simple little expletive in the title, I do not wish to share info with moderators that censor free speech so unless you can prove that the board is buggy and that my post wasn’t deleted I won’t bother telling you how I successfully backed it up:-)

BTW bugs in boards that I have to register on are the primary reason for me choosing my name on this board:-(

I don’t need tips on how to backup: My Toshiba doesn’t have any problem with it.

I don’t think Alexnoe needs your help trying to back it up.:slight_smile:

Alexnoe, did you use Alcohol 120% to copy it? If not, what did you use?

Originally posted by F_ukregistering
But as some moderator has erased my post from last week probably because of a simple little expletive in the title,
It was probably me. Expletives don’t bother me nor does expression of free speech. I generally delete posts that make no sense, are really really wierd, abusive or are completely OT and I don’t have time to split and merge

@CCDKing: CloneCD works fine. The Toshiba has very fast bad sector skip. I just need the name of the protection, if it is a common protection scheme.

@F_ukregistering:
It’s not a problem not to know an answer to a question, but your post shows a behaviour as of a small child.

You haven’t even read the rules, otherwise you had known that you can PM a mod/admin if you don’t understand why a certain action against one of your posts has been taken.

This title is protected by Bitpool. (At least in Australia)
Look for the file BITPOOL.RSC on the cd.

Cheers