WZOR: PC manufacturers unhappy with Microsoft’s Windows 9 plans

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: WZOR: PC manufacturers unhappy with Microsoft’s Windows 9 plans[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/wpid-a3s6dlz-95x75.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/wzor-pc-manufacturers-unhappy-with-microsofts-windows-9-plans-72541

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

What difference does it make? Microsoft’s corporate image has spiraled so far down the drain, it hardly matters when a new OS is released. Windows 9 might be a visual improvement over Windows 8, but people aren’t likely to switch from 7, anyway.

Also, if you value your privacy, ability to install the programs you want, and freedom in general, you should avoid Microsoft programs altogether.

I don’t see android, or Linux being all that altruistic either… in-fact some of the most nasty hack tools seem to be made for wide-open Linux operating systems.

I agree windows 9 is kind of like vista… or millennium… still not quite there in terms of requiring new hardware and jettisoning 32bit apps… but they’ll likely get there by windows 10!

Oh happy day when that comes!
You’ll get to run it in an emulation sandbox with “cramped” driver support…

The three innovations the world is still waiting on for the tech & telecom industries to make good on are (the real stuff, not the piss-ant versions we have today) broadband, flash SSD and video card revolutionary milestones. Until they arrive for enough of us… the PC biz will be stuck in the sucks category… and portable tablets like android & ios keep making gains.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2735377]I don’t see android, or Linux being all that altruistic either.[/QUOTE] Android isn’t quite as bad as Windows, although I assume it can still be nasty. That said, if Android turned out to be the most anti-user system out there, that doesn’t excuse Windows’ sins.

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2735377]…in-fact some of the most nasty hack tools seem to be made for wide-open Linux operating systems.[/QUOTE]

If by “nasty” you mean malware, than I’ll have to disagree with you. The closest thing I’ve seen would be rooting tools for Android, which, while benign and beneficial, wouldn’t be necessary if the industry would stop locking our phones/tablets in the first place.

On the other hand, if you want to know the definition of malware, see the license agreement for any Microsoft program that has the phrase “Genuine” in the title. The agreement will likely mention each characteristic commonly found in malware, and force you to accept all of them in order to run that program.