Wytron dvd-319 fimware failed

i just upgraded my firmware on my wytron dvd-319 duplicater to 3.35 from
http://www.wytron-eu.com/Pages/download.htm
i inserted the cd with the firmware on it and all went ok until i rebooted the duplicater, now it comes up with a blank screen and i can’t do anything with it at all
this was wytrons firmware from wytrons website, i’m not new to doing firmware upgrades iv done them loads of time but never had a problem before,
if anyone could help i would be more than gratefull

If memory serves me right do a search I think there was a discussion on that wytron product…

tried a search and cant find anything. i emailed wytron uk and guess what nothing.
i was wondering if i can find the bios chip could i remove it and program the eeprom

I am not sure what search method you were doing but I did find the link.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=227541

Swampy1111, I am sorry to hear that the update did not work. I do not have any quick answers to that. I do not think you are going to be able to remove the bios chip or reprogram the firmware without some specialized hardware/software that Wytron repair techs have. You might try to go back to an earlier version of the firmware to see if it works. You mentioned that you have the DVD 319 model, that was originally designed to be a 1 to 1 CD/DVD controller. Unofficially, that unit could be configured to work as a 1 to 3 burner but that configuration was a little flaky. I think Wytron discontinued the model.
Try a different version of 319 firmware. I do know that the DVD319.bin file shows a Windows “Size on Disk” of 512 KB (524,288 bytes). If the file that you had used was a different size, then I would be concerned.

coolcolours…i saw that link but its a differen problem to mine ive got no firmware in the duplicater at all

nobunaga… i cant take the firmware back to a earlier version because i got no on screen diplay it just displays a blank screen, it is a 1-1 and not a 1-3.
the size on the disc was 512k and when i upgraded it said firmware ok (or something similar) please reboot so i did and ended up with a dead dupe, i was asking if i could remove the bios chip and inject the firmware into it that way bacause i think its my only option as wytron have been less than helpfull to say the least, i have the equipment to do this
this is the last time i ever buy wytron i also have acard dupes here and they never have problems

If you get no characters on the screen at all there might be some other problem instead of the firmware. I do not recall that there is a removable chip on the 319 board. If you say there is, I guess so, but I thought the DVD 319 model had all surface mount soldered components.

If you get no characters on the screen at all there might be some other problem instead of the firmware. I do not recall that there is a removable chip on the 319 board. If you say there is, I guess so, but I thought the DVD 319 model had all surface mount soldered components. I would upload the latest firmware but the forum shut me down due to size limitations.