WTH is THIS!? Sony STUFF!?

vbimport

PC cannot recognize Sony DVD on either Drive. I was able to get it recognized in Safe Mode by opening Power DVD. Any DVD would not initialize in Safe Mode. AFTER getting DVD recognized in safe mode was able to see in Any DVD after normal boot and log it. It’s a MESS! Then the disc disappeared from My Computer. Power DVD now shows as unrecognized format. Log file attached. Any DVD says no RCE protection, but there IS in an attempt in DVD Decrypter before it disappeared from My Computer. Any DVD log shows a zillion of these entries; <WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector…>
Chasing Ghosts is a factory Sony DVD. I have not had a similar problem before.
HAAALP!

[QUOTE=JRude;2075705]PC cannot recognize Sony DVD on either Drive. I was able to get it recognized in Safe Mode by opening Power DVD. Any DVD would not initialize in Safe Mode. AFTER getting DVD recognized in safe mode was able to see in Any DVD after normal boot and log it. It’s a MESS! Then the disc disappeared from My Computer. Power DVD now shows as unrecognized format. Log file attached. Any DVD says no RCE protection, but there IS in an attempt in DVD Decrypter before it disappeared from My Computer. Any DVD log shows a zillion of these entries; <WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector…>
Chasing Ghosts is a factory Sony DVD. I have not had a similar problem before.
HAAALP![/QUOTE]

First what is your specs of your pc and software version of powerdvd and anydvd and dvd decrypter?? What O/S are you using? Your zip files doesn’t work what kinda of format are you using?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2075748]First what is your specs of your pc and software version of powerdvd and anydvd and dvd decrypter?? What O/S are you using? Your zip files doesn’t work what kinda of format are you using?[/QUOTE]Most of all that info is in the files this person posted.

I used Winrar to extract it no problem and no viruses as far i could tell.

I don’t know how to read the logs so i’m no good for any analysis sorry.

The problem with reading navpacks sounds more as a if the disc is scratched or dirty on the surface. No specially tricky protection according to the log.

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.3.2)
IDE DVD-ROM 16X 2.50
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1967504 sectors (3842 MBytes)
Total size: 3798087 sectors (7418 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHASING_GHOSTS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.

AnyDVD 6.4.3.2
Operating System: Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 2
Power DVD 5
DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
All is in in System Info file in the zip. The zip opens fine for me from the site. I used the Any DVD Log option in Task Tray.
The ONLY discs I am having probs with are Sony, Disney and some WB…the usual suspects. They are modifying discs I am sure. Structurally for the explicit effect of PC use and perhaps Any DVD presence. The problem is explorer.exe can’t read the discs. If I were a label, I sure would reverse engineer to raise as much havoc as I could with different platforms. This is a new DVD without a scratch or even a dust speck! Sometimes I must close Any DVD to read discs, and hold Shift key in even tho no Auto-run shows in the folders. THEN open Any DVD to process rip or enable it. My drives are fine. I have no KNOWN threats in the OS, Unless an unknown SONY rootkit! lol! I check for rootkits daily. I have a good firewall and AV. Behind a router. These guys are getting SLICK!

If these bozo’s are reading system info to detect presence of Any DVD, I think that is highly illegal and I sure would like to be able to document it!

I did notice in your files you are using version 6.4.3.2…the newest beta is 6.4.3.9 beta at this time. Have you tried installing 6.4.3.9 to see if it helps?

I was unaware of new Beta…thanks! But if explorer.exe can’t SEE or read it, wouldn’t make much diff at this point…

[QUOTE=JRude;2075776]I was unaware of new Beta…thanks! But if explorer.exe can’t SEE or read it, wouldn’t make much diff at this point…[/QUOTE]ok how about replacing the disc as in take it back for another one to try.

I think it’s a conflict with AnyDVD and PowerDVD…

[QUOTE=LOCOENG;2075806]I think it’s a conflict with AnyDVD and PowerDVD…

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/672854[/QUOTE]hmmmm i didn’t know that. I never use PowerDVD so i never had problems.

Thanks for the info Loco.

No problem Bob. I also read his thread at the slysoft forum and it’s pretty much inconclusive, but seeing as though once PowerDVD has been uninstalled all is well…I would think uninstalling AnyDVD would be a no go, there are other video players to choose from. :slight_smile:

Interesting. So many Consumer ELectronics are caving to The Industry! Rather suicidal I think. But I run an older version of Power DVD, it also is not in startup menue. But I WILL remove it and see if any difference noted. Thanks for the heads up in Afterdawn. I visit it every day. Have already today but this post was after my last visit!

Good luck with it JRude…let us know.

What a can of worms! After uninstalling Power DVD what should rear it’s ugly head, but Sony VAIO Media Bar as a disc player…Who knows what shared dll’s it carries…going to uninstall and see what happens…With SONY on the label, ya KNOW it’s gotta be risky business! I forgot all about the junque Sony bundled STUFF after years of not using it! :- 0
Will let ya know!

Aha! <WARNING: Problem reading navpack…> MAY be addressed in new Any DVD Version 6.4.4.0!

[QUOTE=JRude;2076940]Aha! <WARNING: Problem reading navpack…> MAY be addressed in new Any DVD Version 6.4.4.0![/QUOTE]:\ dunno

MANY Thanks to Any DVD Team on release of 6.4.4.0! NavigationPack 18 error fix corrected the problem! The titles, menus & vobs were skewed all over the disc, causing the explorer to be unable to read the disc in PC. Will upload the new logfile. Wheee! Any DVD is the best thing since liquid spit! I celebrate by getting a new DVD drive from my son on Father’s Day! Sony DRU840A.

AnyDVD_Info_E_CHASING_GHOSTS.zip (89.7 KB)

[QUOTE=JRude;2078334]MANY Thanks to Any DVD Team on release of 6.4.4.0! NavigationPack 18 error fix corrected the problem! The titles, menus & vobs were skewed all over the disc, causing the explorer to be unable to read the disc in PC. Will upload the new logfile. Wheee! Any DVD is the best thing since liquid spit! I celebrate by getting a new DVD drive from my son on Father’s Day! Sony DRU840A.[/QUOTE]yaaaaaa :clap: glad 6.4.4.0 worked out for you.

Congrats…happy burning.