WTH! Galactic Battlegrounds?!?!

OK, what the hell gives??? I’ve successfully copied all the new games including Arx Fatalis, UT 2003, Age of Mythology, WC3, Hitman 2…and for the life of me, I can’t make a @#$!#^$ copy of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds?!?

I’ve read on a couple of sites that it carries CD Check protection, so I’ve used CCD with the CD Check settings. NOPE! don’t work…I don’t wanna waste my time guessing at the settings, since my only indication of the protection is what I’ve read at these sites…

The image I made of my original works on Daemon with no emmulation, so I don’t think it’s that.

Anyone…? Please…? HELP!:stuck_out_tongue:

See below for my hardware…is it the LiteOn that has probs with this protection or what?

I believe it is protected with a version of Safedisc 2.
If you install the game and scan the .exe of the game on the HDD with This it will tell you if it is indeed Safedisc2 and what version.
And could you please post the results :slight_smile:

Thanx for your response, but Safedisc is not detect by neither Clony, Prot-Ver, Safedisc Cleaner, Scout 2.3. Matter-of-fact, NO PROTECTION is found by these progs. However, I tried to copy with the Safedisc settings in CCD and that didn’t fly either.

I can’t believe this game is kicking my @r$e! :stuck_out_tongue:

And please spare yourselves and don’t suggest the NO CD crack. I have the original discs, I just wanted to see if I could copy it.

I suspect that it’s totally unprotected save for a simple cd check. Most Lucas Arts games don’t have copy protection.

Try just using nero’s cd-copy function as, for some unknown reason, ccd stuffs up for many people with unprotected cds.

Also, if it’s an older game (as I believe it is), try installing and running the copy from the rom with the lowest drive letter (as a number of older games will only run from that drive).

Originally posted by ISOman
Thanx for your response, but Safedisc is not detect by neither Clony, Prot-Ver, Safedisc Cleaner, Scout 2.3. Matter-of-fact, NO PROTECTION is found by these progs. However, I tried to copy with the Safedisc settings in CCD and that didn’t fly either.

Thanks for the info.
I have a similar problem with a game called Virtual Deep Sea Fishing,(no protection detected) if I use CloneCD the game will install but not run.
In the end I copied all the files from the cd to my HDD and burnt them to a cdrw with Nero and it works fine, the only thing is to make sure the label of the cd is the same as your original.

My copy of battlegrounds and clone campaigns has no protection
i used blindwrite do do them both, each ever so successful :slight_smile:

Originally posted by -=][Y]{=-
My copy of battlegrounds and clone campaigns has no protection
i used blindwrite do do them both, each ever so successful :slight_smile:

Would that be Starwars - Clone Campaign ???

LucasArts uses just a simple cd-check, you should be able to make a copy just by using clone cd and simple data cd copy it worked for me on battlegound and clone campaigns.

OK guyz, thanx for all you help and usefull suggestions. However, here was my problem:

The stupid games made an entry in my registry to look for an “absolute” path to the where the disk should be . Meaning, the drive I installed from is the drive the game was looking for the cd in. Problem was I had installed from Daemon tools to make sure that the image was good before I attempted to burn an actual CD. So all this time the stupid game was looking for the Daemon drive! LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

Philamber’s suggestion is what made me think about looking in the registry and there it was!:bigsmile:

Anyway, not that this is earth-shattering news, but maybe someone else can avoid the irritation of having a game that has NO protection seem uncopyable.

Portmac - Yes its Clone Campaigns expansion pack for Battlegrounds, only a cd-check if you need that on your site.