WTF LOL See the difference!

vbimport

This is the same disc. Scanned in a LTD 165H. Ritek G05 burned in Pioneer 106D @ 4x

Scaned with LTD165H - DVDROM

And here is the SAME disc scanned in a 4x Liteon WRITER

Tell me… my DVDROM is incorrect right? LOL!!!

I have tested other discs with the DVD WRITER and they are always lower in error rates than the ROM is. I’ll soon post a graph of the riteks scanned in cdspeed

The DVD Writer produces more accurate scans. And one more thing, right-click on each of the graphs take out the 100+ PI/PO spike, it’s not really there - it’s a glitch with the writer.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Yeah I know I was trying to get rid of the spike but didn’t know how haha

Now i do lol

Anyway as you can see the CD speed graph with the DVDROM shows it had no trouble reading it. If there was really a huge block of 50+ PO it would not read that perfectly lol.

I thought my riteks were rubbish. Seems they are infact god like!!!

Ok now this is with the Pioneer reading the disc,

Once again a perfect graph. The Liteon WRITER is correct. There is no way a disc can have that many PI/PO and have a PERFECT graph with two drives. In fact - 3 drives.

Let this be proof that the DVDROM is not reliable AT ALL for measuring PI/PO results. You’re better off using cd speed transfer rate tests if anything. :iagree:

Ok I used K-probe 2 with the DVDROM again. This time it’s the NEW version of Kprobe. Lets see the diff.

The error rates have dropped ALOT! But still are all over the place.

I think the DVD WRITER should only be trusted for PI/PO testing.

BTW, These discs should be great for PS2 backups if the liteon 4x writer is correct.

cd pirate, I think that the best idea for you is to get some known quality media (e.g. TYG01), scan them with Kprobe on your DVD-ROM, and compare the scan to your new media. That should make comparisons a lot easier!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Will do. The scans for the TY were ALWAYS the same in Kprobe 1

I’ll make a post in another thread about the comparison of kprobe 1 and 2 with my dvdrom. Unfortunately i used my mates writer for the Writers scans. I dont have a Liteon DVD writer :sad:

Read speeds are not the same on both drives.

Normally you must set it at 4X to compare with other ppl’s scans . Speed can be controlled on the burner but I don’t know whether it can be on a dvdrom .

Quick question: Would you say that ROM result, even though wrong, can be used a a basis for comparison with Kprobe2 as long as you have a good DVD to start with?

Thanks

You should only compare scans from a DVD-ROM with another scan from the same drive.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Quick question: Would you say that ROM result, even though wrong, can be used a a basis for comparison with Kprobe2 as long as you have a good DVD to start with?

Hard to say. Something tells me no. If you look at the kprobe 1 scans with the ROM they are very high at the end. On K-probe 2 they are not there. That’s way too inconsistent IMO.

You should only compare scans from a DVD-ROM with another scan from the same drive.

That’s true, and thats what I do since I only have a ROM. I used my friends writer to check if those discs actually had problems. I was extremely surprised to see such a difference.

you should trust your scans from your writer…as you see the dvd rom although it has a diagnostic mode does not produce dependable results. Riteks burned at 4x from a pioneer look about right. Depends on the ritek media too, they vary widely in quality looks like you have some good ones.
pioneers are great burners and they do well with a wide range of media…just wish they would bitset!