Wrong Station Recorded

vbimport

I have the HDRW 720/17. It has been in service since Feb. of this year. I have Entertainment Tonight set as a regular recording - Mon.- Fri. 7:30 PM to 8:00 PM on Ch. 4. This has been working fine until Thursday when I came home from work and found the machine had recorded Ch. 2, although the program in the media browser still said “Entertainment”. Just for the hell of it, I left the program alone to see what would happen. Last night when I got home from work (Fri.), the machine had recorded ET just as it should have. What do you think the reason is that the wrong station was recorded on Thur. night? Also, on Thur. night I had Ch. 4 set to record as a one time only from 9 to 11 PM and that worked just as it should.

Mine does this on occasion as well. It seems to get “stuck” on whatever channel you last viewed and is for some reason unable to change channels. Sometimes I get black screens with ‘x’ floating around (which I suspect is the screensaver on my Digital Cable box), other times it just records whatever is on the channel that it is stuck on.

I’ve had lots of reboot issues with mine as well. It seems that I get the right shows recorded at the right time about 75% of the time, so I’ve lived with it. I still have a couple months on the warranty and am curious about the posts I’ve read indicating Philips is offering a replacement model. The lack of the Guide feature really limits the convienience of recording TV shows however.