Wrong firmware update

Hello there,

I have two LG DVD drives. One LG GSA H55N a combo cd writer and the other one LG GCC-4480B DVD writer. When i tried to upgrade the firmware now the H55N shows as 4480B and H55N as 4480B. Can someone help to reflash it with the original firmware…

Thanks

[QUOTE=polakanni;2577507]Hello there,

I have two LG DVD drives. One LG GSA H55N a combo cd writer and the other one LG GCC-4480B DVD writer. When i tried to upgrade the firmware now the H55N shows as 4480B and H55N as 4480B. Can someone help to reflash it with the original firmware…

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Did you try to reflash with the original firmware to get it working back again? Also I think there is a link on here from codeking that might give you more help on reflashing or clearing your firmware to allow for the correct firmware to be flashed to the drive.

Thanks for your immediate response. Yes I tried reflashing it with the original firmware but the firmware has changed the hardware name and the original firmware recognizes it as a wrong device and does not update. How and from where can I download the codeking that will clear the firmware.

Rgds

Hm.

normally, the firmware update program should check if drive and firmware to be flashed match.

What I’d try at the moment:

1. uninstall both optical drives from device manager then reboot. See what happens.
  2. open your computer and disconnect the combo drive (which should be your 4480. What happens now?

One LG GSA H55N a combo cd writer and the other one LG GCC-4480B DVD writer.
That’s not correct. The H55N is a DVD writer, the GCC-4480 is a combo drive with CD writing capabilities.

Michael

[QUOTE=polakanni;2577507]Hello there,

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Nope, the GCC is a combo and the GSA is a dvd writer!