Wrong firmware flash on 24102b!

hello all !

I recently tried reverse flashing my lite on cd drive from the dreaded 5s5a fw. i followed the directions using mtkflash but unfortunately i dl the wrong file. i accidently used a 84 kb file titled BINARIES.ACE.  When i flashed the drive i got (00%) ERR......UNABLE TO OPEN FILE. Thinking all i needed to do is try the correct file ,  i booted into windows and all hell broke loose!!

I got a half dozen warning windows about a corrupted driver, my registry is corrupted , my ide secondary adaptor was invisible to windows XP ,and both of my cd rom drives are not installed!

When i try to recover from the bad flash all i get with mtkflash is MTKFLASH BY JOE LIN MTK 1998(VER.1.55) and then nothing. i dont have access to a second puter to try to flash it.

i guess my mediatec chipset is now a sanyo chipset because mtkflash wont even recognise my drive! is there any
hope for my drive?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS!

Your mtk chipset will never be a Sanyo chipset. How many times did you try to flash your drive. You probably used the wrong command.

Hey dhc014

I realize my chipset will never be sanyo chipset, I just figured since something went wrong with the original flash attempt and my drive no longer is working something must have been writen to my chip. 

The command line i used repeatedly was : 

MTKFLASH 4 W /B 5S57.BIN  
I also tried moving the drive to primary slave position and sec. master with the same results. I also changed the command line to reflect the change of position!

Originally posted by dhc014

Your mtk chipset will never be a Sanyo chipset. How many times did you try to flash your drive. You probably used the wrong command.

As far as I get it, the cause was the unzipped FW

Maxell… check you PM:) :slight_smile:

thank you people of cd freaks!!

I tried all the suggesttions for reviving my drive but they have failed to revive it.

I successfully extracted the firmware from liteons exe file using my floppy drive and two floppies, since both of my harddrives are ntfs formatted. I also installed my liteon as primary master and removed my other drives. 

Since my drive is screwed up anyway i decided to try the second pin jumper trick also. If i take the drive to a pro to attemt to flash it i might as well go to B  Buy or O Max and buy a new drive for 29.99 after rebate!

maxell…
I think that you will be better of replacing the LTR24102b with a later model and also a lesson to be learned…
“if it aint broke don’t fix it”

:slight_smile: