Wrong avi sequence after burning to CD

Can u please tell me why the film I edited with virtualdub played in the wrong sequence only after I wrote(burned) the film to a CD ?
It plays all sequences in the correct order on the harddrive ,but not when I play the film on the CD. I then tested to see what would happen when I copied the film back to the hardrive, but that also now plays in the wrong order, lukily I still have the correct playing order film also on harddrive. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so that next time I re-burn to CD , that the wrong sequence does not happen ?
I originaly split the film in 4 parts using Direct stream for all splitting and joining, I then joined those 4 parts in a sequence that I preferred, I then saved the film, then checked that film to make sure it was playing the sequences correctly from the harddrive and it did. Also I noticed there was 1minute and 30seconds missing from the CD version.
Do u know how to fix this problem, so that next time I re-burn to CD , that I get the same sequence happening as on the hardrive version ?

I burnt the video with Nero 6.

By sequences, do you mean indvidual files? If so, my guess is it’s the way they are named. Nero burns in alphabetic order.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2278284]By sequences, do you mean indvidual files? If so, my guess is it’s the way they are named. Nero burns in alphabetic order.[/QUOTE]

thank you for your reply, I will try this method when I get home, I will also be trying other CD burning software & other CD/DVD types, will let u know how the test goes.

If they are separate files, name the first 001, second 002, etc. Alphabetically speaking 10 comes right after 1 (without using the leading zeroes).

Finished test, you probably will not believe this but I found out the video gets burned correctly on 700meg CDs , when I first burned the video , I did it to a DVD as data. Now the video plays just like on the harddrive. How freaky is that ?

[QUOTE=auto78900;2278825]Finished test, you probably will not believe this but I found out the video gets burned correctly on 700meg CDs , when I first burned the video , I did it to a DVD as data. Now the video plays just like on the harddrive. How freaky is that ?[/QUOTE]

Take your chance, make your own “avi” films from your originals… Your “avi” does sound like another download, nothing else.