Writing to video media was not successful:

Using CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD

DVD Burner: Sony DVD RW DRU-820A
Media: Verbatim DVD+R DL (Speed-2.4X, 8.5GB, 240min video)
Source: various ISO image files created by CloneDVD2 and Original DVDs

When I attempt to make a back up copy of a DVD to DVD+R DL media, either using an original DVD or writing from existing data, when CloneDVD2 begins to write the data I get the following error message:

Writing to video media was not successful:
source data too large
The writer is not capable of writing the source data as requested.
To write these files, please use the “Copy DVD Titles” or “Clone DVD” option from the last screen.

I have been trouble shooting this for days now. I have removed countless software applications, tried all sorts of suggestions. Nothing has worked. I have come here for help in the hopes that someone will know what I need to do, or head me in a direction that will lead to success.

My fingers are crossed…

Which versions?

As for Clone DVD 2.8.9.8 and AnyDVD 5.9.6.0

Update to Clone dvd 2.8.9.9 and anydvd 6.0.3.1

I agree:

Version 2.8.9.9: 2006 05 23

• Fix: DVD+R Dual Layer writing failed with some DVD Writer models
    (e.g., Sony DRU-820A)

:doh:

(Why people don’t update their software is beyond me… )

Thanks so much guys…that did the trick!

I was not aware any update was available…I have not had the software for more than a few months…shouldn’t elby or slysoft email me or something?

So simple…after I put myself (and my roommate) thru so much hell.

Maybe they did and you spam filter zapped the email notices…

I even had the option, “Automatically check for new program version” under preferences, checked for CloneDVD2. as well as the option, “Automatically check for new AnyDVD version” under Program Setings for AnyDVD. I was not notified of newer versions. My internet connection is “Always On”. I should have been notified.

At this point all of that is water under the bridge. I am so happy to be backing up these iso files and getting them off of my hard drive finally.

is your firewall blocking outgoing connections for these programs?

clonedvd and anydvd will never download anything on their own. they simply check the version number available on the site and notify you so you can update at your leisure so it’s safe to allow them to “phone home”

emails are normally sent out automatically as well, but it’s possible it could have been dumped in your junk or spam folder by your mail service and you missed it completely.

Thanks [B]reasonsnotrules[/B], you hit the nail on the head. McAfee firewall had the applications blocked. I have modified the setting to now allow access.

Again, thank you.

Help, I can’t record to video, it only transfers to read only data. WHY???

please provide a WHOLE lot more information in a thread that is preferably not hijacked.

you do not indicate that you are having a similar problem as the original poster in this thread so I’m not sure why you posted here. either way, “help it doesn’t work” won’t get much of a response if we don’t know exactly what “it” is.