Writing speed problems

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DS-8A1P. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi, obviously i’m new at this so please bear with me.
I recently purchased a slimtype DS8A1P dvdrw for my laptop. Everything worked fine a few days ago when burning to Verbatim 16x dvd+r and the disks burned at 8x perfectly.
However, i ran out of these disks so had to wait a few days to purchase more (the exact same ones as before). But now when i burn to them the finished product still works fine however it burns at an average speed of 0.5x/0.6x and its excruciatingly slow!

So i just wondering this would be a problem with my specific drive or maybe a bad batch of disks (used 3 now and all at 0.5/0.6x)
Any help on this would be much appreciated
Thanks

PS. I’m using ImgBurn to burn them to dvd+r

It’s more than likely your drive. However before touching it, go and buy a solitary disc, and try to burn on to that, if it’s the same it’s your drive, if not it’s the discs. Also, check your settings, you may have have knocked them, and always check them before burning.

Welcome to both of you :slight_smile:

cnc007, one thing to try would be to make sure that UDMA Mode is enabled for your drive - see the link in my signature :slight_smile: