? Writing several cd images into one cd-rom? is this possible?

vbimport

Please tell if this is possible, what software should I use for making image?

Hiya ScreemSaver!

Not really sure what you mean here. If you want to write the images as datafiles to the CD (to create like a backup of your CD images) then this is as easy as writing any other files. Just create a new CD layout with your CD burning package of choice and add the files as normal.

If you want to, say, have 3 games on one CD by writing their images to the disk then I don’t think this is possible (especially if any of the images has audio tracks). I might be wrong on this one but I’m sure you’ll have to attempt to rip (remove bloating files & CD reliance) from the games so that they don’t rely on the CD being present. This is a lot more complicated than just deleting the files concerned and will almost certainly require modification (patching) of the game executables!

Hope this helps!

HeLLHouND

Hello! Many thanks…

My question refers to trying to make one Audio CD, combining, let’s say, several CD-singles… 10-15 minutes each…
Is it best way to proceed audio extraction and then gather waves??
Is there software to edit contents of iso file (merge other images).

Sorry my ignorance…
I just want to avoid extraction and copy CD’s as is.

Thank you.

Your topic is a little confusing.

Is it best way to proceed audio extraction and then gather waves??
Yes, sure, You need a 800Mb free diskspace and than you burn your selection in DAO mode with a decent CDburnprogram>let’s say Nero.
There’s no need to make a diskimage from your gathered *.wav’s, because files are relative very big. When buffer underrun occures it’s surely not this item.

Is there software to edit contents of iso file (merge other images).
Yes, you can use winimage or isobuster.
But in normal case audiofiles are not packed to *.iso files.

I just want to avoid extraction and copy CD’s as is.
You can copy “on the fly”, but check out first you CDrom hanles DAE properly. As a rule max extractionspeed need to be twice the burnrate.
When your cdrom don’t work properly, you have to use your burner to grab separate tracks or to make a diskimage on HD.