Writing quality problem with Liteon iHAS122

vbimport

Hi all,

I have a iHAS122 with latest official firmware, ZL0F, and I’m getting bad results with Verbatim MCC 03RG20 media. I have to say that I was getting very good results with the same media and older Liteon IDE model.

Is there any way to improve the writing quality of these discs?

Here is the scan of a disc burned at 8x:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you in advance.

I have found that this drive gives inconsistent scanning results with MCC 03RG20 media if scanned with any speed above 8x. Also, I found that for MCC 004 media anything else than 16x writing speed produced high PI errors at the beginning of the discs. I think you should report the problem to LiteOn and hope that they will fix it if many people complain about it.

If you write to a lot of this media, you would be best to go back to a previous firmware that worked OK

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2614873]I have found that this drive gives inconsistent scanning results with MCC 03RG20 media if scanned with any speed above 8x. Also, I found that for MCC 004 media anything else than 16x writing speed produced high PI errors at the beginning of the discs. I think you should report the problem to LiteOn and hope that they will fix it if many people complain about it.[/QUOTE]

I scanned the disc at 4x. I will send report to Liteon and see what happens. Anyway, do you know if this drive can be “crossflashed” to another one that is better in writting quality?

I had the problem before the firmware update, in fact that was the reason to update, but no change.

Thank you both.

[QUOTE=Stapleton;2615308] Anyway, do you know if this drive can be “crossflashed” to another one that is better in writting quality?
[/QUOTE]Usually all drives of a given family are basically the same (apart from features). So there is not much hope.

Michael

Hi Stapleton

How did you create the test media (Verbatim MCC 03RG20)?
used CDSpeed to creat data disc for this test ? or what is your data in this test media?

Hi LavenderHua, I used Nero Burning Rom to burn a data disc with some video files.