Writing media information on an Audio CD

vbimport

Hello,

I am trying to burn media information (Album Title, Artist Name, track titles) on an Audio CD.

After several researches, I landed that Nero supports writing CD-Text. I used it to burn a CD, but it did not work. Also after some googling this topic, apprently the CD burner must support CD-text. How would I know if my burner does that!

I am using my laptop to burn the AudioCD which has Pioneer DVD-RW DVRTD08A.

Is there any alternative way of burning track information on an AudioCD even if the burner does not support CD-TEXT?

Thanks,

How did you determine that it did not work?

If you are using Windows Media Player to make this determination, you should note that it doesn’t actually try to read CD-TEXT at all.

An Audio CD can not contain any files. If it does it is no longer an Audio CD. It can only contain normal audio and data stored in the R-W subchannel. This data would likely be CD-Text information or CD+G graphic information.

I too question how you are determining that your burnt CD does not contain CD-Text.

RM

I tried it on my Stereo, and it does not show the titles of the tracks (the onw I filled then in).

Also on my PC using Windows Media Player, they still show as unknown album and unknown artist, though I did fill the CD-TEXT section in Nero that says Album title, Album Artist, etc.

[QUOTE=Rantoun;2508373]I tried it on my Stereo, and it does not show the titles of the tracks (the onw I filled then in).

Also on my PC using Windows Media Player, they still show as unknown album and unknown artist, though I did fill the CD-TEXT section in Nero that says Album title, Album Artist, etc.[/QUOTE]Does your Stereo support CD-TEXT? Most don’t, so check the manual or look if there is the CD-TEXT logo on the front of your player. (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cd_text)
And as already mentioned, Windows Media Player does not support CD-TEXT at all.

Michael

thanks… I guess now you answered me. No matter what I do with this CD-TEXT, I won’t be able to view them in windows media player. (i thought media player does not support writing but not reading!! )

There’s a plugin for reading CD-TEXT in Windows Media Player, but I have not tested it myself so this is not a recommendation.

http://bmproductions.fixnum.org/moreprogs/wmpcdtext.htm

[QUOTE=Rantoun;2508396] No matter what I do with this CD-TEXT, I won’t be able to view them in windows media player.[/QUOTE]:iagree: Exactly :slight_smile:
And if you want CD-TEXT shown, then you need another player software. The Wikipedia link above mentions some software solutions. :wink:

Michael

Thank you all for this information!

Writing media information on an Audio CD

Just to add…You can use Imgburn to add CD text when creating a CUE file and burn you’re Audio CD…