Writing cdr's with 451

vbimport

…im having huge problems with this, coasters all around. wont play on my dvd, only on some car-radio’s at my work or some of the mini-systems etc. Nero will report an error “writing on this disc could results on a bad burn” or something along those lines. it burns anyway, you can only press “OK”, which btw is utterly retarded imo.

Anyway, didnt have this problem before I swapped my cd writer for this dvd burner. tho I patched my 451 to a 851 this is of no effect, the problem occurs with both firmware’s. Nero isnt at fault either, Ive been using it with the other drive with no problems. I did change media tho, but they are fine for data and such…and do play on some players.

any suggestions?

Originally posted by dmmh
…Anyway, didnt have this problem before I swapped my cd writer for this dvd burner. tho I patched my 451 to a 851 this is of no effect, the problem occurs with both firmware’s. Nero isnt at fault either, Ive been using it with the other drive with no problems. I did change media tho, but they are fine for data and such…and do play on some players.
any suggestions?

The fault might be; the drive, or Nero, or media or your hardware.

Pls give us more details about your setup, Nero and media you are using.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: …and you have had SW problem before…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83318

Latest firmware maybe? Newest was released on feb 18th for the 451s.

I’ve got it myself and i actually get occasional corruption issues with data cds burnt. Just a couple times as far as i can tell though(which is extremely irritating when u have to go and test cds after burning instead of assuming it works).

Strangely enough though burning dvds works perfectly. I’m using up my stock of “cheapo no name” 1x dvd-rs right now and the drive recognizes and burns them at 2x.
They play perfectly on my old apex dvd player.

Originally posted by dmmh
[B]…im having huge problems with this, coasters all around. wont play on my dvd, only on some car-radio’s at my work or some of the mini-systems etc. Nero will report an error “writing on this disc could results on a bad burn” or something along those lines. it burns anyway, you can only press “OK”, which btw is utterly retarded imo.

Anyway, didnt have this problem before I swapped my cd writer for this dvd burner. tho I patched my 451 to a 851 this is of no effect, the problem occurs with both firmware’s. Nero isnt at fault either, Ive been using it with the other drive with no problems. I did change media tho, but they are fine for data and such…and do play on some players.

any suggestions? [/B]

What are the C1/C2 errors on the discs?

Originally posted by pinto2
[B]The fault might be; the drive, or Nero, or media or your hardware.

Pls give us more details about your setup, Nero and media you are using.

:slight_smile:

EDIT: …and you have had SW problem before…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83318 [/B]

well yeah but I since then formatted (low level) and reinstalled all my shite, everything works a treat now. all that fails in burning cd’s

i got also some strange data corruption when burning ISO Data CDs with my 451S…C1 are extremly low (like it should be on quality media) and no c2 of course. Used Verbatim DLP btw @40x.

some car cd players cannot read burned cds.