Writers writes empty discs?

hey…
i just bought a cd-rw by LG, gce-8520b A WEEK AGO!
it werked fine at da begining but then it started 2 make loud noises, took twice the time to burn a cd and after it had “succeeded” them i find out there is no Data on the media! the drive sees them as empty media but i cant write anyting on them…!
im using Nero 5.5.10.20…
plzzzzzz help me!
10x!
:frowning:

I changed your topics’ title, as “need help” doesn’t describe your problem very well!

Did you try different media yet? Can you read other discs without problems?

If it is making loud noises then it is obvious it is broken and needs to be replaced.

Dee-ehn, 10x… :slight_smile: i was just so upset about the subject that i could think straight…
and about the problem… the thing is it randomly decided to write the disc correctly or not… sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt… i use the same media… silverline. i can read other cd’s…
Black Diamond: but how did it break? it worked fine for 3 days, and i didnt move it, touch it or do anything… its brand new! :frowning:

Can you try another brand of media? If you live in the US, you can get great deals on CD-Rs almost anywhere. I think BestBuy has a deal on Fuji discs (made by TY) this week. You could also try updating to the latest firmware for your drive from LG’s web site.

Well I did think bout upgrading the firmware but then i thought it would cause the warranty to void.
I think ill just replace it… even though the ride alone would double the price of the CDR…
And I don’t live in da US… I live in Israel :slight_smile:
And media is a bit expensive around here…
did anyone come acrros this kinda problem…?
ohhh and one more thing… for some reason my cd-Rom makes Squeaky noises when it playes cd’s…
and 10x a million everyone 4 da help…!

Well, if it’s squeaking, it’s probably broken… :frowning:

Squaeky noises: that’s no good… it indeed may be broken (mechanical defect)

About the warranty: as long as you use original firmware + software to flash it, I don’t think that anything will happen to your warranty… I’ve never seen a firmware upgrade on a CDRW drive going wrong by the way…

Find that receipt! Most places will let you return it as long as you don’t wait too long.

broken, damn! damn, damn damn!
im sooooo unlucky…
about the squeaky nosies, they dont come from the drive itself, they come from the speakers when i play the cd…
anyway ill try to replace it and report back to you… :slight_smile: