Writers that copy

vbimport

This is just a little survey to help me choose an upgrade! lol
Actually I’d just like to know what works with the different protections!
Thanx to all who participate!

Hi…I have a kick ass system…I have three burners…two are plextors…12X10X32 and 16X10X40 they read and make a great image file of safedisk 2 disks…but when they copy it u can only read it on those two drives…if you try to read and install the games with safedisk2 on a nother system, it will freeze your system up…I also have the acer crw1208…now that makes perfict copys of safedisk2 image files…but won’t read raw mode…so the bottom line is you have to get at lease two diffrent drives…one that can read and make an image of safedisk2 and one that can write it…you see the acer can’t do securerom 1 or 2…but the plextor can…so if u ask my advice…get a plextor 16X10X40…it will record everything but safedisk2…and get the acer crw1208 12X8X32 for the safe disk2 programs…the acer cost around $100 to $120 on the internet…I hope I helped u out…

Later,
Rob

> I also have the acer crw1208…now that makes perfict copys of safedisk2 image files…but won’t read raw mode…so the bottom line is you have to get at lease two diffrent drives…one that can read and make an image of safedisk2 and one that can write it…you see the acer can’t do securerom 1 or 2…but the plextor can…so if u ask my advice…get a plextor 16X10X40…it will record everything but safedisk2…and get the acer crw1208 12X8X32 for the safe disk2 programs… <

Well, getting two burners is probably a little bit too much… :slight_smile:

A Toshiba SDM1502 + ACER1208 is a wonderful (and cheap) Clone-Combo. Using them “On the Fly” with CloneCD3 is smooth and fast. Nothing can stop them.

I just flashed my acer crw1208a and now I can read and write safemode2 on the same drive…the only one thing is that it took over an hour to make an image file. But it did it…so if u have the time…go for the acer…Still won’t do securerom 1 or 2…I’ll get both drives the plex and the acer…works for me…

> I just flashed my acer crw1208a and now I can read and write safemode2 on the same drive…the only one thing is that it took over an hour to make an image file.<
Get a TOSHIBA SDM1502 for reading.

> Still won’t do securerom 1 or 2…<
Sure, it will! Get a TOSHIBA SDM1502 for reading.

> I’ll get both drives the plex and the acer…works for me…<
Save the money (to register CloneCD, for example :slight_smile: ). Get a TOSHIBA SDM1502 instead. And you can watch DVDs as well :slight_smile:

I did reg clone cd…thanks for asking…I’ve had it way before all these key gen were out. And as for the reader…I’m glad it works for you. I still like my Plex Acer combo…works great…have u tried the new clonecd? I dload it yesterday and the on the fly rules…i did safedisk on the fly…I never thought i would see that. And as far as the secure rom…I’ve tried it on the acer and it didn’t work at all…it freeze clone cd. well must go now, oh and Olli if u look back on your reply you even said that the acer can’t do securerom 1 or 2

Later,
Rob

have u tried the new clonecd?

Lol. you’re talking with the author if I’m right :wink:

Originally posted by Olli
Get a TOSHIBA SDM1502 for reading.

I got one today from my birthday money :slight_smile: for about $100 :smiley:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
[B]

I got one today from my birthday money :slight_smile: for about $100 :smiley: [/B]

Thanx for the nfo guys, right now I’m lookin at a toshiba XM-6602B and an Acer 1208A or 1832A for read and write in that order.
Am I on the right track?

Yes. But there are also other good writers around. Check my SafeDisc 2 list here. This will give you some good info.

Yes. But there are also other good writers around. Check my SafeDisc 2 list here. This will give you some good info.

I tried the link but it was dead!

Try again. GeoCities sucks sometimes…

I have Cloned Rune(not Safedisk2) And Hitman(Safedisk2) with Plextor Px-40TS Reader and Acer 120832 With CloneCd 3009b
I have also two Plextor 120832 and 161040.

Try again. GeoCities sucks sometimes…

Ah man I keep trying that link but to no avail!
Still haven’t purchased anything yet, i was advised against the Acer so I’m still looking!

Originally posted by maxwedge

Ah man I keep trying that link but to no avail!
Still haven’t purchased anything yet, i was advised against the Acer so I’m still looking!

Gimme a mail at gamefreak@cdfreaks.com and I will send you it…