Writer ability

i have a Norcent RW481. should i enable AWS or not? also, is my burner a one sheep or a two sheep burner?

Originally posted by aznjosh
i have a Norcent RW481. should i enable AWS or not? also, is my burner a one sheep or a two sheep burner?
Have you tried this, from alexnoe?

ya, i read that but problem is i dont have a cd-rw and i dont want to waste one of my $0.94 Optimum cd-r’s.

I tried the sheep tester file with my Norcent RW481 and none of the files would read to the the hard drive. I used an Optimum 48x Cd-r and used Nero with default settings. What am I doing wrong? I’m sure my burner could at least do the 1 sheep test. What settings should I put for Nero? Also, should I use AWS when copying a cd?

Try reading the disc using CloneCD

i tried clonecd but all it said were Failed to read Sector #.

OK, so that’s your answer. It’s not even a one-sheep burner.

>Also, should I use AWS when copying a cd?

You haven’t read the FAQ

The Norcent writers are cheap writers that can bought at staples (for those who live in US & Canadas anyway) and cost $15 to being free after a mail in rebate. I dont think we should expect much from them. Maybe just good for music if that much, or perhaps a nice backup tool for files and personal data.

well, its worked fine for me when i burned a 78min mp3 cd and Max Payne, Brood Wars, Jedi Outcast, and some .avi files.

Originally posted by aznjosh
i have a Norcent RW481. should i enable AWS or not?
also, is my burner a one sheep or a two sheep burner?

1. Yes
  2. One Sheep if you backed up an original Max Payne