WriteDVD 14 W2, source data too large?

vbimport

I’m getting this code on my clonedvd2 program right after I put in my blank disc. The amount of data is irrelevant, i’ve tried 42 min. program to 2 hr movie and it says the same thing. Could this be my drive? Or something else??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Burrito49

What type of media did you insert? It seems to be too small.

I am new to this forum and this software. I just installed it today. My first attempt to copy went flawlessly. My second and third gave me the exact same message as you posted. I use ProDisc media. I hop we will see some good recommendations here soon.

I have that problem with a Sony 820a when i use double layer it’s the programs fault

When i pulled that drive out and put in a new BenQ 1655 DVD clone works
so now i have to probably return the Sony 820A

When i contacted Slysoft Support <support@slysoft.com>

I received i must be a idiot reply

Product : AnyDVD
> Version : DVD clone 2 2.8.9.2, Any DVD
> OS : Windows XP Home
> Drive(s): Sony DRU-820A DVD
> 820A_1.0b
> region 1
> Title(s): Chicken little
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> I’m thinking of buying the package but your DVD clone 2 does
> not recognize that i have dual layer in the Sony 820a for
> 1-1 backup it say not enough space
>
> but DVD fab works with Sony 820 dual layer
>
> Please let me know if you can fix it before the demo is up
> so i can test it.
>
> Thanks

Hi,

What target size did you select in the title configuration window (next
to the quality bar)?

Best regards,

John Smith
Customer Support

You would think that they would recognize that it takes more technical skill to fill out there complaint form compared to learning how to use DVD clone2 LOL.

i don’t think that chastising slysoft’s customer support is going to get you anywhere. what the support person asked is a very common mistake, and if you’ll check this thread, the very first recommendation made was to double check the output selection size.

maybe if you had included more information in your question as to what troubleshooting methods you had already taken (ie "i’ve already checked to make sure the target output was set to dvd+r DL) then maybe he could have helped you further…

with so little information included in the question i would have given the (as you call it) “idiot” response as well…

@ wingman99,

Why would you think your problem with your Sony 820A DVD Burner has anything to do with SlySoft?

Your posting #4 doesn’t make much sense. First you state “When i pulled that drive out and put in a new BenQ 1655 DVD clone works so now i have to probably return the Sony 820A”.

Then you send an E-Mail to SlySoft complaining that CloneDVD software program doesn’t work correctlywith your Sony 820A and request that they fix the problem. Quite frankly that doesn’t make much sense.

Your problem is not caused by the use of any SlySoft software program. You problem is classic symptom of DVD Media and/or DVD Burner Firmware problems.

Suggest instead of being overly critical of SlySoft software and SlySoft Customer Service that you use the magic Forum ‘Search’ button and research the DL not enough space problem. Your search will reveal that the DL not enough space problem is either cause by poor quality DVD Media and/or DVD Burner Firmware.

Just for the record both AnyDVDv5.9.4.1 and CloneDVDv2.8.9.2 are extremely error free stable software products. If you doubt that suggest viewing AnyDVD and CloneDVD Forum postings.

Perchance if you are unaware your Sony DRU-820A is actually a rebadge BenQ DW1670.

Best Regards,
bjkg

sounds like it could be a jumpering issue to me especially with the recent replacement of a burner.

have you checked to make sure that master and slave are set correctly? some programs/systems have trouble with cable select, so if you’ve jumpered your drives in such a fashion i’d recommend changing to a master/slave setup.

only, as bjkg has stated, use only quality media and be sure your firmware is up to date!

Im having same problem with a samsung drive. strang thing about my case is it used to work just fine. then all of a sudden I get this error. I even tried rolling back firmware versions since I currently have the latest and greatest. check out my thread DL problem.

look i tried all conceivable combinations to trouble shoot the problem to find out that it is there software i did not miss a thing, i looked at it from every consviable angle.

I’m thinking of buying the package but your DVD clone 2 does
not recognize that i have dual layer in the Sony 820a for 1-1 backup it say not enough space

Look 1 if i did have it set to DVD DL it should work
2 if i had it set to DVD-5 it still will work.

should work:meaning no error mesage
Hi,

What target size did you select in the title configuration window (next
to the quality bar)?

Best regards,

John Smith
Customer Support

Real lame feedback from them

If you cant figure out this simple trouble shooting tree then quit trying to help people.

Ther is plenty of information. The people that said that there was not enough, cant even keep the facts strait as it is.

one more time to help keep facts strait.

Product : AnyDVD
> Version : DVD clone 2 2.8.9.2, Any DVD
> 820A_1.0b
> region 1
> -------------------------------------------------
>
> I’m thinking of buying the package but your DVD clone 2 does
>
>
> so i can test it.
>
> Thanks

Look 1 if i did have it set to DVD DL it should work
2 if i had it set to DVD-5 it still will work.

i can’t make heads or tails out of your previous post. i have no idea what you’re trying to say, but if this portion is directed toward me, then don’t you worry. I certainly won’t try to help you anymore.

some people…

@ reasonsnotrules,

I am with you Forum Member reasonsnotrules.

I get tried of attempting to deal with belligerent uniformed individuals. In your and mine Forum postings in this thread this individual has enough information to correct his WriteDVD 14 W2, source data too large problem. There isn’t an inkling that this individual has even attempted to pursue DVD Media and/or DVD Burner Firmware possibilities.

It amazes me that individuals who can’t even use the English Language properly and fail to compile a coherent statement have the audacity to label the response to their inquiry as an “idiot reply” Who’s calling who an idiot?

@ wingman99,

Take a hint -> If you DVD DL Media is of low quality and/or if your DVD Burner Firmware does not contain the MID Code for the DVD DL Media you are using you will receive the “WriteDVD 14 W2, source data too large” error notification. This information has been discussed in numerous Forum posting on this topic. Suggest using the Forum “Search” and do some research on this topic.

Also suggest acquiring some manners before you start doubting Forum Member reasonsnotrules troubleshooting abilities. Forum Member reasonsnotrules has repeatedly demonstrated that her troubleshooting and technical knowledge is above reproach. Most certainly she has more technical knowledge and troubleshooting abilities than you have demonstrated in this and other previous Forum postings.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Just a note of thanks for the information found here. A simple change of media to TY has completely solved the “source data too large” issue. :bow:

Thanks again!

@ Slider2,

Thank you taking the time and effort to inform fellow Forum Members that you have corrected your problem.

Many issues with producing successful backup copies of Commercial DVD Movie Tiles can be traced to the use of cheap substandard DVD Media. Taiyo Yuden Media is proven high quality Media and you should not encounter any problems using this Media.

Best Results,
bjkg

And Verbatim DL +R media too. For my money, at this point in time, it is my feeling that [B]only[/B] Verbatim is making disks with the manufacuring quality necessary for quality DL burns, quality layer breaks and quality compatibility with a broad array of new and old DVD players. You must always finalize your +R DL burns by bitseting/booktyping. Add to that list a good longevity record for shelf storage (case quality and vertical orientation required)

So, bjkg you like TY DL? Or maybe you and Slider2 were both referring to TY SL. I know they have a fabulous reputation for SL. I never tried TY DL so can’t attest. Do you like TY DL as much as Verbs? What does reasonsnotrules say to TY DL(?) … ever use them? I just zero-in on Verbs and wasn’t even aware TY made DL … duh.

To the OP and the other posters who joined in with similar problems: Updated firmware is very necessary for success even when using the very best media. Noticed someone above “rolled back” on firmware versions, which is not good practice. The newest firmware contains drive recognition for the newest media, which is the whole reason for firmware updates.

Whisperer

Man you need to get real with your self.

If you read my post, my drive and DL media work on DVD fAB

Ok you can’t READ.

Just try sounding the words out.
The key words are: DVD fab works with Sony 820 dual layer

I’m thinking of buying the package but your DVD clone 2 does
>
>
> so i can test it.
>
> Thanks

Before you stick your foot in your mouth again.

Did you check to see if my firmware was current because it was posted.
It’s really easy to do if you need some help.

Version : DVD clone 2 2.8.9.2, Any DVD
> 820A_1.0b
> region 1

Okay flaming aside, I too am suffering the Write 14 annoyance.
I highly doubt it’s media because

a)$60 for 15 discs is NOT cheap to me
b)Verbatim, Memorex, Fuji were all tried. All exhibit the exact same problem.

Source too big.

I liked the split idea but unfortunately DVD-Decrypter did not do the trick in my case.
So alas it must be firmware. Problem is I am SOL in that category. Cannot find, does not exist but there are drives selling with D201 on it.

So does anyone have a real concise answer on this? Or is it not that concrete, whereas the error itself is ambiguous and it could mean a lot of things?

In any event:
WinXP PRO SP1 (MCE)
1GB RAM
Panasonic UJ-845s (Matsushita)
FW: D100
MEDIA:Fuji,Memorex,Verbatim DVD+R DL
Software: DVD-Decrypter v3.5.4.0 (no dice)
CloneDVD2 v2.8.5.1 (no dice) I even tried compressing to 86%! (7.4GB)
AnyDVD 5.8.3.1 (used for both of the above to avoid, achem, complications)

I think the term “Source too big” is generic. Perhaps that’s actually what’s going on but I think it’s because Clone is using WINDOWS to rely on the media info so I looked at nero which does the same, nero shows CD-R 2.1GB. That cool ass program that someone posted DVDID shows the real deal. 8.55GB DVD+R DL I tried the 3 brands to make sure it saw a difference and it certainly did.

ANY insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
I will paypal anyone who can get me a flash utility and FW D201…
(Provided the problem is solved thereafter.)

Did you try
CloneDVD2 v2.8.9.2
DVD Fab

Numerous posts address this issue with [B]source date too large[/B] “WriteDVD 14 W2” error as either bad media (i.e. Memorex) or your DVD burner firmware not supporting the DL media. However, I’m not convinced that this full answer to the issue because I can burn using Nero onto the same media with the same drive.

I have the same issue, but I can still use the Memorex DVD DL +R 2.4x with AnyDVD 5.9.5.9 + CloneDVD2 2.8.9.7 + Nero 7… Using CloneDVD2 just output the copy to ISO and burn the ISO onto DL DVD using Nero 7 at 2.4x. No coasters or issues yet with over 100 burns.

Good luck.

p.s. Drive is Samsung SH-W162Z (TSSCorp rev.TS01)

I’m having the same problem burning dual layer dvd’s with cloneDVD!! Here’s my situation: I am using AnyDVD 5.9.6.1., CloneDVD 2.8.9.8. the drive iinformation is derived from Nero dvd infotool:
Drive Information

Drive : TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552U
Type : DVD±R/RW DL Recorder
Firmware Version : US07
Buffer Size : 2 MB
Date : ?
Serial Number : TS-H552UFirmware
Vendor Specific : 1125
Drive Letter : F:
Mechanism : Tray
Read Speed : 48 X
Write Speed : 40 X

Read CD Text : Yes
Return C2 Pointers : Yes
Read CD-R : Yes
Read CD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-ROM : Yes
Read DVD-RAM : No
Read DVD-R : Yes
Read DVD-RW : Yes
Read DVD-R DL : No
Read DVD+R : Yes
Read DVD+RW : Yes
Read DVD+R DL : Yes
Read BD-ROM : No
Read BD-R : No
Read BD-RE : No
Read HD DVD-ROM : No
Read HD DVD-R : No
Read HD DVD-RW : No
Read HD-BURN : No
Read Digital Audio : Yes
Read CD+G : No
Read VideoCD : Yes

Write CD-R : Yes
Write CD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R : Yes
Write DVD-RW : Yes
Write DVD-R DL : No
Write DVD+R : Yes
Write DVD+RW : Yes
Write DVD+R DL : Yes
Write DVD-RAM : No
Write BD-R : No
Write BD-RE : No
Write HD DVD-R : No
Write HD DVD-RW : No
Write HD-BURN-R : No
Write HD-BURN-RW : No
Buffer Underrun Protection : Yes
Mount Rainier : No
SolidBurn : No
Modes : Packet, TAO, DAO, SAO, RAW SAO, RAW SAO 16, RAW SAO 96, RAW DAO 16, RAW DAO 96

Region Protection Control : RPC II
Region : 1
Changes User : 4
Changes Vendor : 4

Disc Information (F:)

Type : - no disc inserted -

Interface Information

Adapter 1

Description : Primary IDE Channel

Driver
Description : system32\DRIVERS\atapi.sys
Company : n/a
Version : n/a
Description : n/a

Attached Devices
Description : Master: SAMSUNG SP1604N
Type : Disk Drive
DMA : On
Description : Slave: WDC WD1600JB-00GVA0
Type : Disk Drive
DMA : On

The dvd’s are verbatim +R DL, I have checked the settings and attempted the burn over and over and it just renders the same error message as stated above: source data too large etc etc… I downloaded the newest firmware for the drive and still get the message. Now, I can burn single layer with this burner in CloneDVD and I can burn dual layer in NERO with the verbatims and the TSST (samsung) burner with no problems!!! I keep coming to the conclusion that it IS a problem with CloneDVD and MAYBE certain drives!!! Am I missing something with my thinking here? Please tell me if I am. I tried contacting tech support and they are not being very responsive or helpful. Their reply is that the DVD’s are not recommended for this drive. But yet I can burn in NERO!!! So why not just use Nero you may be thinking? Because I just purchased this software and I hate wasting money!!! Also CLoneDVD is a much better program and I am hoping this can be resolved. Any thoughts out there for me?

If clone can’t get the information code that you have a DL in drive, it will say no Write DVD 14 W2

I figured that out 25 minutes of testing, it was easy.

The hard part is calling up Sony and asking for the needed communication code so i can give it to SlySoft soft because they can’t get the job done

I tried and sony won’t give me the programming communication code i told them it was for legitimate program i was working on and they said they could not release it to me.

DVD fab took the simple way and it does not check it just burns wright or wrong when you select DL- DVD for any drive.

Maybe if more people new what was going on, it would not just be me calling SlySoft and that will stop them form telling me: Your the only one with the clone 2 DL problems.