Write text on bottom side of DVD

Few months ago, I read about some software that could write text on bottom side of DVD.

I mean if you have some space left on dvd, you could then write some simple text in that place.

Does anyone know what am I talking about, or I just imagined something.

P.S. I do not think on Lightscribe (it prints on top of DVD)

Probably you are referring to the “t@tu” feature of some Yamaha burners :slight_smile:

You are probably thinking about [B]Labelflash[/B], which includes [B]Disc T@2[/B] (by Yamaha) for burning labels on the data side of DVDs.

Unlike the original Disc T@2, Labelflash cannot burn labels on the data side of CD-R media however.

Some NEC DVD burners, some Sony NEC Optiarc DVD burners, and the Pioneer DVR-111L have Labelflash technology.

Disc T@2 (by Yamaha) for burning labels on the data side of DVDs.

This is interesting…does Yamaha t@tu enable the data side to be printed while the data exists?

If you have at least 5 mm of unused space on the data side of a DVD±R, you can burn a Disc T@2 label in the remaining space.

5 mm is almost exactly 900 MB, so that gives you approx. 3580 MB of usable space for data if you only need the smallest possible label.

You can add the label after burning the data, but I don’t think you can burn the label first and then add the data - I haven’t tried doing it the second way, however.

It looks like its disk T@2.

Is there any software for this, or it has to be Yamaha burner in order to burn ?

You can read more about using Labelflash in general in this article and also specifically about using it to label the data side of DVDs:

[B]First Look: Labelflashâ„¢[/B]
__ Designing and writing Label (Data-side) (page 5/6)

You can burn a Labelflash label with some full versions of Nero 6/7 and with some bundled OEM versions, using the Nero Cover Designer tool. See the article I just linked to.

I’m not aware of any Yamaha DVD burners; AFAIK they only supply the Labelflash technology to other drive makers such as NEC, Sony NEC Optiarc and Pioneer.

Tnx all for info.

I just found in this post

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=188784

that Pioneer 111L and also 111D can do what I want.

I own Pioneer 109BK version. Does anyone know if my burner support Disk T@2 ?

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

I just found in this post

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=188784

that Pioneer 111L and also 111D can do what I want.

I own Pioneer 109BK version. Does anyone know if my burner support Disk T@2 ?
The Pioneer 109 cannot perform Labelflash or Disc T@2.

The Pioneer 111L can perform Labelflash or Disc T@2.

The Pioneer 111D cannot perform Labelflash or Disc T@2, but you can cross-flash the drive to a 111L and then you can perform Labelflash and Disc T@2.

Thank you very much DrageMester.

Thank you all too.

I am going to buy 111D tomorow and than i tell you if its working.

Thank once again.

It may not be important to you, but by cross-flashing your drive from a 111D to a 111L you will lose your warranty on the drive!

Hi,
I would know if i can buy a labelflash dvd to write under or i can use a normal dvd dl with the Disc T@2 tecnology.
I have a pioneer 111D@111L Tdb 8.29 firmware
Thanks