Write Strategy for 1633s @ BS41

vbimport

Hi guys,

I got Lite-on 1633s at BS41 and use the following media.
Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD+R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 56 44 53 50 4D 53 41 42 (VDSPMSAB)
Disc TID = 30 30 31 (001)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = Interaxia AG
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 4.0X (Write)

Can I burn this media at higher speeds? say 8x or 6x?
Which write strategy is best for this media?
Thanks,
Regards,
B.Shivaranjan

Welcome to the forum.

You better burn one at 4x. If you get a decent result, you can use Omnipatcher to change write speed.

I doubt you will get a good result with a low quality media as VDSPMSAB.

Check burnquality with KProbe.

welcome if you get good 4x results you could use omnipatcher and the tayo yuden write swaps.i don’t know if it will work but many people try those because yudens seem to have good media strats.

My scans for the above media…
Now guys suggest what is the best speed and i tried on disk at 6x it failed to burn. What is the best Strategy

I would be satisfied with 4x burn result.

You should not expect better result whit media dye VDSPMSAB.

Buy better media if you want to burn at higher speed, than media support.

I have a Sony DW-D22A - flashed with cross patched stock Lite-On SOHW-1633S BS0S firmware.

It looks like I may be using the same dvd’s as you, mine are a online retailers own brand (naming no names - don’t want to advertise any one) I am having trouble burning to these discs. I am using gear pro mastering edition, it seems to burn ok, however when it tries to verify, the drive will not recognise that a dvd is inserted, I have also tried it in a stand alone machine, and still no luck in recognising the dvd.

I think the problem may be when it closes the dvd; it seems to drop out half way through finishing the recording stage, so maybe the toc is not being written properly. Have you had this problem or has anyone else heard of the problem.

Will flashing to BS41 improve my chances of burning a successful dvd (I don’t wish to keep flashing my drive in case something goes wrong and I damage it) or could it be a software problem?

I have absolutely the same problem with the DVDs I recorded today…those were verbatims 8x +R…I tried them in 3 drives with no luck.I have the same burner but with BS41 firmware…I’m really confused right now…

make sure your booktype is set to dvd-rom
some dvd players do not like +r

however when it tries to verify, the drive will not recognise that a dvd is inserted, I have also tried it in a stand alone machine, and still no luck in recognising the dvd.

this means that the burner itself is unable to recognize the inserted media so this isn’t booktype problem.