Write Speeds (LiteOn 52246S)

the other day i burned a cd with my new LiteOn 52246S at max speed just to see how fast i’d be…

it finished a 650mb cdr in 2 mins and 33 seconds in Nero 5.5.9.13 which came with the drive…

it also made one helluva racket doing so…LOUD AS HELL

just now i burned something in CloneCD using the Safedisc template that was posted in the forum which, in the post said that it wrote at max speed…

but this time it didnt make NEARLY as much noise,…in fact, im not sure if it did make noise at all (i almost thought it was doing a simulation or something)…

however, for the first 45 seconds or so it made sort of a loud sound…but then for the remainder, it was silent as i said above.

was it really writing at 52x like the max speed of my burner is? it said 16 point something in the window that appeared while i was writing, but it didnt have an “X” infront of it like speeds are usually indication (ex: 16x)

PLEASE HELP!

awwwww cmon…i know you guys know the answer

If the drive was less noisy, it was spinning at lower RPMs. It sounds like it was probably burning at 16x.

but then why wasnt it recording at MAX like i selected it to in clonecd? is there a real reason, or is the only answer that i musta not specified it to burn at max speed?