Write speed x40

vbimport

spent a good few hours looking over the info about plec 40 writer but i am still lost.1st my pute athlon 1.4 gig 512meg p133ram 40 gig baracuda hd xp pro
all i can get max write speed is x24 used all 5 plex disc x24 only data safe x32 write x 24 only, memorex x16 write x24 only
primary channel says ultra dma mode 5 is this ok
sec channel says ultra dma mode 2 is this ok
updated the firmware
using clone 4 and nero 5.5.8.2
i am at a loss any ideas :confused: :confused: :confused:

and you are writing music cd’s?
Because that’s normal; Plextor writes audio @max 24x.

And also when writing in DAO-RAW with CloneCD the write speed is limited to 24x recording. Please also make sure you’re using certified 40x media because the Plextor can be picky sometimes!

well finally got there x40 writing found a few things out along the way, nero when burning says u have burned at x40 when u only have burned at x24 ,discs rated at x32 ( datasafe ) will only burn at x24 best thing 2 use is nero speed test, tevion x40 disc s will only burn at x24 the only disc i could get to burn at x40 was the plex discs that came with the writer so the plexwriter 40x12x40 is very very fussy about the type of media that u use, if u have a problem with your writing speed , i can bet it is the media that u are using also allways use speed test forany testing :confused: :confused: :confused:

I dunno where you’re from, but in my country, keyboards are equiped wih characters to express (among others) the end of a sentence, a question, a short pause,… Try to put your hands on such a keyboard and ask your question again, because I have no idea what you’re talking about.

LOL :bigsmile:

Originally posted by Wannes
I dunno where you’re from, but in my country, keyboards are equiped wih characters to express (among others) the end of a sentence, a question, a short pause,… Try to put your hands on such a keyboard and ask your question again, because I have no idea what you’re talking about.
:bow: :bow: :bow: