Write speed miscompare warning - Help-Can't figure out the problem

Recently I wanted to test out the new 12x BR drive - Pioneer BDR-205. I setup in build mode a 22 GB movie (spiderman) to be burned on MEI RA1 001 (Panasonic 6x 25 GB) BD media. I set the automatic write speed for the media and drive at 12x (the drives max. supported speed for the media). I also set the Advanced settings for Pioneer drives to disable the optimal drive speed. When I initiated the burn I got a write speed miscompare warning saying …wanted 12x… got 10x…

However, when the burn continued, it went up to 11.8x anyway:doh:

Can someone help me understand why I got the warning in the first place, and what to do about it?

Also why did it end up writing past 10x anyway?

Here is the burn log:

W 01:47:07 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 53,940 KB/s (12x), Got: 44,950 KB/s (10x)
I 01:47:07 Advanced Settings - Optimal Writing Speed: No
I 01:57:58 Average Write Rate: 36,848 KB/s (8.2x) - Maximum Write Rate: 52,888 KB/s (11.8x)

And here is the screenshot of the ibg of the burn:

Sorry, I missed this thread.

ImgBurn tells the drive to write at the speed you’ve chosen, it then asks the drive what speed it thinks it’s going to burn at.

If there’s a difference between the two, ImgBurn will write the log entry you’re seeing there.

It’s only as reliable as the drive is at reporting its configured speed.

So as you asked for 12x and got 12x, you should just ignore it.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2461566]Sorry, I missed this thread.

ImgBurn tells the drive to write at the speed you’ve chosen, it then asks the drive what speed it thinks it’s going to burn at.

If there’s a difference between the two, ImgBurn will write the log entry you’re seeing there.

It’s only as reliable as the drive is at reporting its configured speed.

So as you asked for 12x and got 12x, you should just ignore it.[/QUOTE]

Lightning UK:

I will do as you say - be Happy I got 12x even though appearently the drive is feeding a message that it will only work to 10x. This is strange because the write descriptors show the drive being able to write to 12x for the media I used…I still don’t completely understand what is the exact cause of the mismatch…

But thank you for replying - I am happy as always with IMGBURN!:bow:

I hope you got my PM - esp., the info about Opti drive 141 and it’s write speed graph limitations (only will show up to 8x speed - DvDInfoPro will show higher speeds).

Keep up the good work, I hope your happy too…:flower: