Write speed different from the one chosen!

Hello folks, i think i’ve got a really weird problem: how is it possible the disc to be burnt at 6x, when i’ve chosen 2.4x? (i selected 2.4x cos that’s what the discs i’m using support -Verbatim DVD+R DL Printable 2.4x Advanced AZO-. The most weird part is that not only the sotware burnt a 2.4x disc at a 6x speed, but also that it now plays flawlessly on my player!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: really weird, huh?

I want your burner:) .

Hello construder and welcome to the club. My guess would be is that Verbatim’s will over burn. Meaning, for example, my burner is a 18x LG. When I buy my Verb.'s, I get the 16x. Now when I burn the disk’s at max, it will burn at 18x even though they are 16’s. May not be the answer to your question but it’s just a guess. ~ Mike
P.S. I wouldn’t mind your burner either, LOL.

LOL :cool: :cool: :cool: It’s the LG GSA-H10N one!! The thing is that you buy the 16x ones, while you burn them at a 18x speed. But i buy the 2.4x ones and burn them at 6x, quite a difference don’t you think? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: checked the movie twice, it [B]does[/B] play without a singe problem!! lol

That’s great. I am running the LG GSA-H22BK version myself and wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love it. ~ Mike

What program are you burning with?

I’m using DVDFab Platinum both for the enconding [B]and[/B] the burning process (VSO engine isn’t it called?). Is there any chance that because of the wrong burn speed with which my discs were burnt, a defect to have been created on them which i can’t see?

Doubt it. If it plays good, leave it alone. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it ya know! LOL. If you really want to be sure of the quality of the burn and the actual burn speed, run the movie through Nero’s CD-DVD Speed. It’ll give you all the info on the completed disk. ~ Mike