Write quality

Hi all, i have a Liteon 48 speed writer and have yet to create a cd without any errors when using Wses to test the writen cd, the best i have done so far is 1 c1 error. I have tried a lot of media including Fuji, Ty ect but still cant get error free. After reading about it seams that most people get 0 errors, i can use my old Hp writer and get a cd without errors measured in cd speed. Any thoughts?

Bye,

Ian…

No C1 errors is impossible (okay, it’s theoritically possible, but I doubt it’s ever been done, or ever will be done).

Don’t try for 0.

C2 on the other hand, try using 16 or 20X writing, etc.

I agree, one c1 error is nothing to be concerned with, in fact, it will not effect the data, only the speed it can be read back at. when you start seeing 10+ c1 error or any c2 is when you need to be concerned. You might also try getting the most recent firmware from liteonit.com.

Thanks very much for the replys, i have never had any c2 errors, only a few c1s, i am glad to see its ok. I was wondering as i checked a pressed purchased Ms win98se cd and that had 22 c1s. Thanks for the replys, great forum btw.

Bye,

Ian…