Write Errors using the VSO Burning Engine

vbimport

Since upgrading to version 5.0.6.0 and later, running the program in Main Movie Mode when i select the VSO burning engine i get at random (i.e. i don’t get the errors every time but frequently…) the following write errors:

error WRITE FAILED: write error occured at 350,9% of the write
error Write error at 624352 (16) - Code 04 09 03 [HW error, Spindle servo failure]
or
error Write error at 656 (16) - Code 03 02 00 [Medium error, Unable to seek the requested position]

This still happens even after upgrading to version 5.0.7.2, everything works fine choosing the ImgBurn burning engine to copy the same movie!

NO problems EVER with the VSO Burning Engine running ALL the old 5.0.5.X versions!

FYI i’m always using the same media [Verbatim DVD+R:MCC-004-000, same lot] and burner [HP DVD Writer 740b ED24].

Sounds as for some unknow reason DVDFab doesn’t like the VSO burning engine anymore and i’m really curious about the meaning of those errors and the reason why is this happening… :confused:

P.S. i’m on XP SP2 and i’ve already tried w/o any success to uninstall/reinstall the program as per instructions here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2073105-post1.html

here is the best advice. sorry but this is what i use and [B]HIGHLY RECOMMEND[/B].

everything works fine choosing the ImgBurn burning engine to copy the same movie!

as for trying to figure out what is wrong with VSO not playing nice i dont know. seems this drive might be a few years old so you could really benefit from a new one.

Needless to say, [U]I only use ImgBurn to burn my disks now [/U]but imo the problem is with [B]vso_hwe.dll[/B] [I]version 2.1.11.347[/I] (july 18, 2008) currently installed by DVDFab, i suspect there is a bug not affecting every system.

If I remember correctly the changelogs say they’ve updated then rolled back that file 2 or 3 times after version 5.0.6.0 release but i’ve no idea about the older (and working fine for me…) version number.

Thax anyway for your response. :slight_smile:

[quote=Ulysses;2102039]Needless to say, [U]I only use ImgBurn to burn my disks now [/U]but imo the problem is with [B]vso_hwe.dll[/B] [I]version 2.1.11.347[/I] (july 18, 2008) currently installed by DVDFab, i suspect there is a bug not affecting every system.

If I remember correctly the changelogs say they’ve updated then rolled back that file 2 or 3 times after version 5.0.6.0 release but i’ve no idea about the older (and working fine for me…) version number.

Thax anyway for your response. :)[/quote]
The older version of dvdfab with the working VSO is 5.0.3.0[B] EDIT[/B] But the newest release works as I not longer have any problems with the VSO burn engine