Write error dvd 9

vbimport

Every time that I try to burn a disk from my hard drive or from a disk it starts to write (the screen says writing at 0%). this goes on for about a minutes or so then it says aborting. ejects the disk and then the write DVD9 error possibly bad medium comes up.

I saw a suggestion that it may be cause by AnyDvd. I removed any trace of the program but got the same results. I think that CloneDvd is a great program and I would love to use it.

Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

>Any suggestions would be apprieciated.

Read the FAQ :wink:

Write DVD Error Code 9 means that ElbyCDIO (the hardware access layer, used by RegionKiller and CloneCD) did not initialise properly. This is usually caused by manual deletion of elby products without using the uninstaller. Uninstall CloneDVD, reboot, reinstall CloneDVD and reboot again
If this doesn’t help, please let us know :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Forum :cool:

Hi all

For some reason i am now getting this message everytime i try to use CloneDvd + AnyDvd.

I have been using Clonedvd and Anydvd for ages and done loads of Backups with no problems. I have tried uninstalling both programes and re-installing {rebooting after un-installing and rebooting after fresh install} but still keep getting this error. i never use cheap media {always Ritek} i even tried downloading the newer {trial version } CloneDvd2 without any luck, same error.
Anyone know a way to sort this problem out as i have tried other progs. in the past but have allways come back to Clonedvd and dont really want to start using another prog.

By the way i know it is not my writer as i have done a couple of backups using Nero without any probs.

Thanking you

Pubmaster…

Hi all, I have the same problem.

I get hte Write DVD 9 error and I already tried what it was suggested:

• I uninstall and reinstall CLone DVD
  • I am using good media too (verbatim)

Any ideas what other solutions might exist to stop getting this error.

It appears always right after the burning process starts so it is making my DVDs unusable.

Cheers

Have just Formated my computer to see if this would fix the problem
but the only 2 programes on my computer are CloneDvd 2 and AnyDvd, and still i have the same problem.

Well looks like i will be looking for another programe to use

Originally posted by pubmaster
[B]Have just Formated my computer to see if this would fix the problem
but the only 2 programes on my computer are CloneDvd 2 and AnyDvd, and still i have the same problem.

Well looks like i will be looking for another programe to use [/B]

I have been having the same problem (see my thread) and have had no luck in resolving it. Sometimes it gets to the last 97% of completion before cropping up. Very frustrating. I have uninstalled and re-installed both programs several times. Have also deleted drive from windows xp deleted drivers and re-installed with no luck. I am using standard ide drivers.

Hi, I’ve already unnistalled/rebbot and reinstaled/reboot my clonedvd software, but I still have de same write error dvd 9.
What can I do more?

Hello people this is still a problem. How do we fix this?

Hi this the first time to do this but i had the same problem with my LG GSA 4160B. It would start to burn then stop and say DVD9 write error, dvd media may be the problem so i went out and got some different DVD-R disks and my CLONE DVD2 2.0.9.4 WORKS no dvd 9 problems now.

hope that helps you it worked for me.

hi bud i was using ritek disks as well and clone dvd2 doesnt work on them so i tryed a b grade disk and all fixed my problems.

see if that works for you.

try changing your dvd media it worked for me.