Write disk or write session

vbimport

I have a CD-R with only one song recorded on it but when I try to to burn another it says ‘cd not empty’. How can I find out if the disk has been created as write disk or write session?

I understand if it was write disk then more cannot be added. If possible I would like to burn this with windows media player

If you use nero, try this:

Go to menu “Recorder” and select “Disc info”. There you can see if the disc is still open or not.

[quote=geno888;2015459]If you use nero, try this:

Go to menu “Recorder” and select “Disc info”. There you can see if the disc is still open or not.[/quote]I don’t have Nero. Roxio Easy Media creator 9 says the disc is closed. Does that mean nothing can be added? I thought finalised was when nothing could be added?:confused:

Is the disk or the session closed?

A finalized disk cannot be written to anymore.

If you refer to CDDA/AudioCD, then you have to write the tracks in a row and then finalize the disk.

Roxio warns

[I]Once the disc is burned you will not be able to append any music to the current disc. if the disc is re writable it must be erased before it can be written to again[/I]

I do not understand why if it is re writable it must be erased before it can be written to again But I did get to burn mp3 as cd audio with roxio easy media creator 9 which was what I required. Thanks for all the help:)

[QUOTE=david banner;2016158]Roxio warns

[I]Once the disc is burned you will not be able to append any music to the current disc. if the disc is re writable it must be erased before it can be written to again[/I]

[B]I do not understand why if it is re writable it must be erased before it can be written to again[/B] But I did get to burn mp3 as cd audio with roxio easy media creator 9 which was what I required. Thanks for all the help:)[/QUOTE]

Because that is HOW CDDA works!

CDDA can only have 1 Session.