Writable Media Error

Ok…I just downloaded DVDFab v6.0.2.2 and now I keep getting an error that says please insert Please insert a writable media to start the write process. What is going on?

[QUOTE=gizmobrenda;2308809]Ok…I just downloaded DVDFab v6.0.2.2 and now I keep getting an error that says please insert Please insert a writable media to start the write process. What is going on?[/QUOTE]

The default action of this program is to take the contents of a copy-protected disc (source) and remove the protection, and write the result to a blank disc (target). If your DVD drive has no blank media in it when that phase starts, you’ll get that error message.

You can alter the target to avoid that error (set up a folder on your HD to receive the decrypted file), and use that to watch the film on your computer, but if you want to use a set-top player to watch it, you’ll have to write the file to a blank DVD. (or use some kind of media extender to send the HD files to your TV).

Does that answer your question?

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=gizmobrenda;2308809]Ok…I just downloaded DVDFab v6.0.2.2 and now I keep getting an error that says please insert Please insert a writable media to start the write process. What is going on?[/QUOTE]

From what I read in your not so clear post you have been using the Free HD Decrypter which doesn’t ask for a writable media, and now that you updated to v6 it is now asking you to insert a blank…
If this is a correct understanding then it seems you are using the free 30 day trial for DVD to DVD and not using the free HD Decrypter.

Correct me if I’m wrong but if you are using the same burner to copy movie and to burn it the program will eject the disc when it’s finished copying and then it will prompt you to insert a writable disc. After you insert a supported writable disc in your burner the prompt will disappear and the burning process will start. That’s how mine works.