Wow What A Bargain

vbimport

HI I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW DVD WRITER BECAUSE I HAVE GOT A PIONEER 108 AND IT KEEPS POWER CALABRATING SO I FOUND A PLACE CALLED WWW.DIGITALPROMO.CO.UK THEY HAVE GOT THE PIONEER 111 ON SPECIAL OFFER. IT IS £21.99. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD TAKE THIS OPPERTUNITY TO LET AS MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS DEAL!
HAS ANYONE GOT ONE OF THOSE DRIVES, IF SO WHAT ARE THEY LIKE FOR DIFFERENT TYPES OF MEDIA??

take it easy on the caps kevin :wink:

Typing in caps is considered shouting on the Internet :wink:

That’s an excellent deal, though…Pioneer make excellent drives, good with all sorts of media (if my 110D is anything to go by, anyway). :slight_smile:

I have got 1 in both of my pc’s at home, i have not yet came across any dvd’s that havn’t work yet. I think i payed about £40 for mine though so at that price its a steal. I think pioneers are one of the most reliable drives out at the moment. Sounds like a very good deal to me

Thanks for the info though kev

sorry about the CAPS as you can guess i am new to this. thanks for the advice about the drive :iagree:

Hi :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum to both kevin9189 & Craig37. :clap: :clap:
@ kevin9189, thanks for the info, unfortunately no deal on black. P&P very good too £4.99.
@ Craig37, the disadvantage of getting in early, is often reflected in the price.

whats the benefit of the drive that is superceding it now? just dvd-Ram support?

I thought it was a good price at the time, but either way its been worth every penny. As with black nice tin of spray paint should do the trick :wink: hehe

LOL :bigsmile:

Yep same with the 110 and 110D, only difference being the Ram support on the 110.

What is the benefit of having Ram on a dvd rw?. I understand why on a home dvd recorder but not with these

This is going slightly OT, but I’ll give that a shot…DVD-RAM is a lot more stable than RW (some people have reported their RW DVD’s crapping out after a few burns). It also has the verification feature, where data is checked when it’s burned to the RAM disc (RW does not have this). :slight_smile:

Check out the Blank Media Forum for further DVD-RAM discussions…lots of info in there!

Will do thanks for the info

Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Just little info, 111D <>111.(you know what I mean) :iagree:

it is good to live in the US, everything here is cheap, cheapest in the world. Retail Pioneer 111D runs around $49.99 at regular price, and it stays at that price for several months already. And everything is readily available. The only bad thing living in the US is that USA is the last country to have new product launched. Europe and Asia always get BenQ, NEC, Pioneer drives before we even see it in the US.

I have to agree and disagree. It is quite sweet to live in the US price wise, and the corperations are always price warring and one upping each other that we can defanatlly rape them (though they know how we do it and it a game). It’s the free market and competition at its finest, and boy do we make out (got forbid the corperations align against us, were screwed).
Where I disagree (yea I now you didn’t mean this but just adding more), we are not the last people to get technology (sometimes we are the first, but often higher paying markets get most goods earlier as you said). There are some people that are really screwed (Australia). You gotta feel sorry for those guys, not only when they get technology, but the PRICE!!! Even if they did get something first, omg the price!!!
Just playing by the way, but its interesting to see how they market and sell so diffrently to diffrent markets (grey market goods etc). They are always going for top dollar, good thing we know how to manipulate that (and in the US, we sure as hell know how to manipulate that, grey market goods drive down the price of proper retail goods).

SVP’s got the Pioneer DVR-111D for £23.99

if your going to buy disc’s from them you could save money getting these together, only if your fancying a new writer :slight_smile:

:disagree:
Betcha half a dollar :sad:

Doh…I mustn’t get another burner, I mustn’t! :eek:

You must, you must… Feel the force Arachne, it lives within you, and all little kittens everywhere… Believe what it tells you, buy another burner, buy another burner, belive in the force Arachne… buy another burner…

My mum always says “If you want to buy a house, you’ll have to stop spending money on silly tisch”

(Tisch is her word for miscellaneous/insignificant items).