Would you trust these Taiyo Yuden?

vbimport

I found some TY at a VERY cheap price, which is not what I’m used to see, therefore I ask your advice…I’ve heard of “fake” TY media, so I’m cautious.

“Suspect” TY offer (I won’t tell the site, but you probably know it, it’s a big one in Germany):

Taiyo Yuden by Gigatain DVD+R 4.7 GB 8x - 100 Stk. (Plus-R)

DVD+R 4,7 GB Taiyo Yuden Markenware AAA-Grade 8x Speed bedruckt mit Gigatain Logo in Cakebox

Mediadaten [DVD+R:YUDEN000-T02-000]
Unique Disc Identifier : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.] - [YUDEN000] - [T02]
Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
Blank Disc Capacity : 2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3 MB = 4.38 GB

EUR 35.90

While what I’ve been told to be a genuine TY offer (from OS-MediaTrade.de) is 74€ for a 100pcs spindle box of TY T02 DVD+R 8x (media code YUDEN000T02).

This sounds strange, as both sites have similar prices for other items

To my knowledge Gigatain is not a brand name true Taiyo Yuden media is sold under. The discs are probably just using the TY media code for better compatibility.

There’s only one way to find out.

“Gigatain” sounds suspisiously like “Gigastorage”. (Who is known to make fakes) Might just be a coincidense. :confused:

Thanks.

I’ve read the whole thread about fake TY media and I’m now quite convinced that those Gigatain are fakes.

I’m also sorry to read that most of the stuff from my usual supplier is cheap junk :sad: It’s not easy to find another one that ships to Italy at a decent price :rolleyes:

I believe that SVP (UK site) ships to Italy and they are pretty reasonable for the most part. Give them a look if you haven’t already. www.blankdiscshop.co.uk
Anyways, I agree 100% with the others. Those are most definitely fake TY discs.