Would you like a 8X DVD-Writer roundup?

Topic says it.

This is something due for March/April if I choose to do it. (depends on the feedback here).

Some points:

*It will include several drives = those I have available at that time.
*It will contain less tests/details than my in depth reviews.
*Tests will be re-done at that time with the firmwares that is available at that time.

Drives that will be included:

Plextor PX-708A
Lite-On 8X (unsure which model number probably LDW-811S or LDW-851S)
NEC ND-2500A

Drives that may be included (depends on the companies - will they send me review samples? and will I be able to keep the test samples?):

NU Tech 8X
BTC 8X
…and of course any other that I may have available at testing time.

Yes, definitively. :cool:

I sure’d like to see a review of the 811s (or the 851 ofcourse), the 2500A and the A07 (not available yet, I know), so why not a roundup? The more detail the better ofcourse :)…

I think it’s better to test each drive in-depth as you get them sent to you rather than testing all drives at the same time and get less detailed reviews.

Originally posted by jsl
I think it’s better to test each drive in-depth as you get them sent to you rather than testing all drives at the same time and get less detailed reviews.

I see your point. But if the tests will be focused on the most important features… :bigsmile: then I will appreciate the comparison. I go for the round up!

Thanx, OC!!

Hopefully the Pioneer 8x drive will be out to test as well, hehe

Originally posted by jsl

The roundup is in addition to the in-depth reviews.