Would like to make some Ghost CDs - bootable

vbimport

Hello,

Many systems I work on don’t have floppies any more. I’ve yet to successfully do this but I’d love to make a boot CD for ghost.

1. I’d like one to boot to dos and load ghost so that I could clone to hard drives.
  2. I’d like to make a bootable CD that gets me to a Windows 2003 server through the network card. We’ll assume it is the intel 1000 CT (most of my PCs have that card)

I’m currently running the latest version of Nero, I’m running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks

Simple:
If you start by making a bootable DOS diskette with Ghost on it (I think you need Ghost 2003 or earlier), then you can use that diskette for making a bootable CD with exactly the same content.

Advanced:
If the standard bootable Ghost diskette isn’t advanced enough, you can always use a floppy image program such as WinImage for creating a 2.88 MB floppy image instead, or you can add DOS CD-ROM drivers to the Ghost floppy and then move or add whatever doesn’t fit within the 1.44 MB floppy image to the bootable CD (outside the boot image).

Thanks - sorry for being obtuse but I’m not following.

I want to make a CD that is bootable without having to use a floppy. I want the CD to have ghost.exe on it -accessable after I boot from the CD. I don’t want to use a floppy.

You need to use a bootable floppy or an image of a bootable floppy for creating your bootable CD.

Once the bootable CD has been made, you don’t need the floppy when booting a pc - you boot off the bootable CD!

If you don’t even have a floppy drive in the pc you use for burning your CDs, then you can download and install a Virtual Floppy Drive driver instead.

Ghost 9 comes on a bootable cd. No floppy involved.