Would like Olli´s support on this one

vbimport

Hi there Olli,

I´ve asked in this forum about this error before but I didn´t really get the answer "I was looking for".

I´m testing out a new drive from Waitrec (Storm 32x) but I can´t seem to get it to work with clone CD.

I get this error message when trying to clone a protected cd:

Writing to CD failed, HARDWARE ERROR: SPINDLE SERVO FAILURE (4:0x09:0x03)

<-- how do you get this to work??

I don not get it all the time but 2/3 burnings i get it.

I´ve tried with different media (TDK, Sony, LG, Acer) but all the same, It works great in Nero (non protected cd) with the same media.

This is the second unit I´m trying so it shouldnt be a hardware (unit) error.
I´ve tried with both Clone CD V 3.xx and 4.xx with the same result.

Haven´t tried with non copy protected cd in clone cd yet, might be that? (strange handling of copy protected games) but thought I would check with you first.

Any Ideas?

System Specs:

AMD Duron 800@900Mhz
512 PC-133 Mosel SDRAM
ASUS A7V Motherboard.

Master on UDMA 100 Controller = IBM 60GB (75GXP)
Slave on UDMA 100 Controller = none

Master on Udma 66 Primary = Waitec Megalus 24x
Slave on primary = none

Master on secondary = Waitec Storm 32x
Slave on secondary = none

Have tried with new clean system 2 times, Win 98 Second Edition.
Also tried latest Via-4-1 drivers

The error suggests a hardware failure in the drive. I could get the drive to work as a CD-ROM but not a CD-RW as each time I tried to burn I got the same error.

In the end I had to get it replaced.

No, In my case that´s incorrect, sorry if this comes out as bashing on you but I have got the drive exchanged for a new one which has been tested by the manufacturer prior to sending it to me.

And still I get this message

Is this the same problem?

Futureproof:

Yes it is “the same”, sorry for posting twice, thought i should try and get Olli´s attention since he probably can answer this question better than anyone else, that´s why I used a new header…

Originally posted by Chosen
[B]Futureproof:

Yes it is “the same”, sorry for posting twice, thought i should try and get Olli´s attention since he probably can answer this question better than anyone else, that´s why I used a new header… [/B]

I am sorry, but I have no idea why this happens.
Try writing in SAO-RAW mode.
Try disabling DMA for this writer.

@Chosen, don’t worry - it sounded fine to me.

I eliminated a media problem as I took the ‘problematic’ media to the Pioneer DVD burner in our research team area and that wrote to all the media I tried with no problem. One of the affected disks was a CD-RW which I wrote fine in the DVD burner, my replacement drive and my LTR-40125S at home. Infact it is still going strong.

That’s just a long way of saying that I haven’t got a clue then, sorry

:frowning: I also am getting that measage I have the new TDK 40/12/48x
I never got that measage on my Acer Burner. So I went ahead and updated my clonecd from 3082 to the 4013 It worked fine all day about 40 cds then three days later It started again. I hope this helps?

Gman101, did you try Olli’s advice and writing in SAO-RAW? Also please upgrade to the latest CloneCD version 4.0.1.6. Please report back if it works or not…

Maybe not the greatest but then again…

Actually I´ve tried with several different approaches but this error occurs whatever, no protecion, any media and so on… it works sometimes (very seldom), but when switching motherboard it works just fine… guess it´s something between Clone CD, Waitec Storm, and Asus A7V.

Originally posted by Chosen

Tried the Laser Calibration but recieved this error instantly:

Power Calibration Failed: Sense Key 5, ASC 0x20, ASQ 0x00.

after 56% done of the burning process i recieved this error instead of the usual:

Writing to CD failed: MEDIUM ERROR. NO SEEK COMPLETE (3:0x02:0x00)

and after this i tried 3 different cds but the same result, but it seems to have switched the error message after the calibration.

Actually I´ve tried with several different approaches but this error occurs whatever, no protecion, any media and so on… it works sometimes (very seldom), but when switching motherboard it works just fine… guess it´s something between Clone CD, Waitec Storm, and Asus A7V. [/B]

Hello Chosen,

pease try SAO mode on the Waitec drive, (Nero uses SAO mode).
I watched same phenomen on TDK 40x and Sanyo BP-1600/1700P. It seems that these drives can not read/write with CCD correctly in DAO mode. :confused:
We are working on that problem…

regards, sven

Hello Sheepfriend.

Well actually that can´t be really correct.

I put the unit in a completely new system (based on an Chaintech motherboard) and then everything works fine even in DAO-RAW.