Would another 512MB of RAM increase quality of burns?

vbimport

Do you guys think if i doubled my amount of RAM, from 512MB to 1 GB, would possibly increase the quality of my burns?

I got an ABS zForce F2 notebook
Intel Pentium M Processor 1.70GHz
512MB PC2700 RAM

Burners are in external USB2.0/Firewire enclosures

What do you guys think? I can get a 512mb stick for about $80

Thanks for any input

Do you guys think if i doubled my amount of RAM, from 512MB to 1 GB, would possibly increase the quality of my burns?

No, not in the least. Burn quality is drive dependant, unrelated to system specs.

That’s not true at all.

Of course it is. If you have some test data to the contrary, please share it.

Show me the proof.

It really doesn’t matter.

that wouldnt make and difference in the burn quality what so ever. the only thing that makes the burn quality better is the type of firmware you are using. the 512mb extra would help in games that need lots of ram, using heavy applications all at once if you do multitasking or if you was burning multiple dvds at the same time would help but wouldnt in anyway improve quality in burning. px

Alright, thanks guys!

Hmm…it could help getting better burns.
You could get these 512 MB RAM and install a RAM Disc utility and assign 512 MB as RAMDISC. Then assign the RAMDISC as buffer for your burning app. Im using this to burn with my old Sony 900E drive to ensure that i dont get any bufferunderruns. With drives which have Burn-Proof (which i never enable) I have never had a Bufferunderrun even writing at 52x. But I am using 1Gb of RAM for RAMDISC. I think that if Burnproof or similar gets used burn quality suffers a bit. And i would say thats the same with DVD-R writing.

Extra ram may only improve burn quality if you are running low enough on memory to cause buffer underuns. Relinking can cause error spikes.