Worst DVD's I've ever seen (Optical Quantum)

vbimport

:aHi Everyone, :a
I’d like to warn everyone about buying the Optical Quantum DVD+R DL 8X water resistant, white printable discs! Perhaps I can save you some money…in my case $75 for stack of 50, which they refuse to accept for a refund. You almost cannot see the printing and even after drying overnight, the ink still came off on my hands! When talking to their representatives, they ask what kind of printer, ink, etc, and then want you to send them back fo see if “they” think they’re defective, BEFORE giving y ou a RMA. I even tried them, again, to make sure; printing one out on the same printer (Epson RX680 stylus) one minute after printing out the same data using a Taiyo Yuden (single layer) which was beautiful!

I bought mine from RunMedia.com, so would definitely stay away from them and their lack of customer service! Anything for a buck, these days, I guess…beyond me how these people can stay in business, when selling crap like this! They obviously know that it doesn’t print.

I know, you’re probably wondering why I don’t just buy the DL, white printable, water resistant from Taiyo Yuden…they don’'t make the DL, but when they do, I’ll be first in line, as their single layer looked the best of any disc that I’ve printed, yet!

SAVE YOUR MONEY…hope this helps others!
Gil

Taiyo Yuden does produce [B]DVD-R DL[/B] (TYG11) only, but no DVD+R DL.
The reason is simple; Taiyo Yuden is a Japanese business. Japanese DVD recorders require CPRM to record shows which is only supported by DVD-R for Video.

Sounds like your printable discs are meant for thermal printing and not inkjet printing.

I have tried printing on Thermal Printable before and your results sound just like that.

gilhow, do you have a link to where you purchased them from?

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2505037]Sounds like your printable discs are meant for thermal printing and not inkjet printing.[/QUOTE]

@gilhow
Does your Optical Quantum cake box look anything like this one here? Take a look where
I have marked it and see what it says, see if it says Ink Jet printable or see if it says that
it is White Thermal Hub printable. I have a feeling that it is going to definitely say that it
is White Thermal Hub printable by what you are saying about the printout of the disc. If it
is the White Thermal Hub printable disc’s then no a Ink Jet printer just will not do the job
you will need a Thermal printer.

[QUOTE=kg_evilboy;2505028]Taiyo Yuden does produce [B]DVD-R DL[/B] (TYG11) only, but no DVD+R DL.
The reason is simple; Taiyo Yuden is a Japanese business. Japanese DVD recorders require CPRM to record shows which is only supported by DVD-R for Video.[/QUOTE]

They do not make the DL “water resistant” discs, which look fantastic compared to the “regular” discs.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I did check my cakebox to see if these discs were for thermal printing, BUT, no, they say “White Inkjet Printable” I don’t believe for one second that both/either Optical Quantum and Runmedia.com doesn’t already know that they don’t print! Just another rip off of the “little guy”, I guess.

i realize this is an old thread, but thought i would point something out to anyone who may be reading.
depending on where you bought the discs from, they may have been tampered with.
i always buy discs in bulk spindles (50- or 100-packs), and i bought one from eBay one time, and they SAID they were the white inkjet discs, but they were actually the thermal white discs. the seller must have bought the wrong discs not realizing, and just packed them in an old inkjet pack spindle and resold them. he had even shrink-wrapped them, so they looked new.
i have also bought a 50-pack of white DVDs from walmart (back when i still shopped there), and when i got home, the top few were DVDs, but the rest were CD-Rs. THAT one was a open-box customer return, and THIS customer returned, and complained to the manager.
one more thing: not ALL inkjet printers with disc printing work well with all printable inkjet discs. i have one of the few HP printers that prints to disc, and it prints fine on Optical Quantum white waterproof discs, but ironically has issues with HPs own branded waterproof inkjet DVDs! you can’t even write on those HP discs with Sharpie permanent markers!
so what discs work with what printers may vary. usually, your printer’s manual will tell you what discs it supports, but others MAY work. just don’t buy a ton of them until you’ve tested (unless you are willing to write it off!).