Worrying about Scans and Pioneer 2208?

vbimport

I only buy Verbatim DVD media, but do I still need to worry about scans when buying a Pioneer 2208 drive? If so,would I benefit more from buying a so so burner that is a good scanner like a Liteon iHBS-312 \ Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

dja2k

[QUOTE=dja2k;2691330]I only buy Verbatim DVD media,[/QUOTE]

NO ides about the current Verbatim media, but if they have th same standards you should have any issues with them.

but do I still need to worry about scans when buying a Pioneer 2208 drive?

Pioneer drives are very good burners, I never had any issues with them.

If so,would I benefit more from buying a so so burner that is a good scanner like a Liteon iHBS-312 \ Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

dja2k

Well, if you only need one drive you could get away with a liteon, and you should have any burning issues as long as you can get good media.
I would prefer to have two drives, not only for scanning but also to have the option to use which drive gives the best result with the current media that i am using.

Thanks! I am still having a difficult time deciding as this will be my first bluray burner and they do cost more than your standard DVD+R burner these days. The Pioneer is sweet, but it can’t scan and Rips @ 2x even though not rip-locked, maybe a firmware fixed it, not sure. I already have a LiteOn DVD Burner for DVD and CD burner, so maybe yeah go with a LiteOn Bluray Burner even though they are 2+ years old already.

dja2k

Why not a Litey Combo for scanning and a Pio for burning??

[QUOTE=chef;2691544][B]Why not a Litey Combo [/B]for scanning and a Pio for burning??[/QUOTE]
When you say that, you still mean an iHBSx12, not an iHESx12/x08, right? (I’m not sure people around here trust their iHES drives for scanning.)

Yes, correct.

So basically you are saying to burn Blurays right you will need a good burner and a good scanner to verify the disks. :eek:

dja2k

You don’t absolutely NEED the scanner. That’s only to help gauge how the burning process goes over time, and helps pick out anomalies or issues. If you get some good media and one solid burner, you can get on just fine with that.

That’s the key to success, but in theory it’s all easy, in practice it’s more complicated.

I went ahead with the Liteon 112 so I can burn and test for now. I do plan to buy the Pioneer later as well.

dja2k

If you use good quality media you want have any issues with the liteon, we will wait to see some scans on the forum.

I burned my first bluray using Freemake Video Converter that I assumed burned the disk at 6x. Here is the link to the results…

I don’t remember too much about scanning results, but looks like it started getting bad towards the end when it reached the outer layer.

dja2k