World's First Cloned Baby 'due In January'

Poll: Has Science Gone Too Far?

A CONTROVERSIAL Italian fertility expert is claiming the world’s first cloned baby will be born at the beginning of January.

Gynaecologist Severino Antinori says the child is in the 33rd week of pregnancy and weighs 5.5 pounds.

He has refused to say where the infant will be born.

Earlier this year, Mr Antinori announced that the human cloning programmes were under way in Russia and China.

This is a clear outage that scientists were allowed to do this. but mark my words, there will be a hidden gene inside the dna structure that mother nature has hidden way for this very purpose. Now that she has been tampered with, that hidden gene will start its work. We humans were never meant to be cloned it’s a clear violation of Mother Nature :frowning:

Sorry no greetz for this is bad news to me!

Why in the world would China need to clone people??? They have no room as it is. Then again they need women badly.

@FlyingDutchman

You are right. :bigsmile:

I hope India doesn’t start a human cloning program.

We don’t have any room left here too. We have already surpassed china.
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by darshanjog

We don’t have any room left here too. We have already surpassed china.

Already? I thought that was supposed to happen in the next decade… Shagging season in Sub-Asia apparently :slight_smile:

@FlyingDutchman

Yes, we already have about, 1 or 2 years ago.

There are a lot of advantages to consider cloning :

Easy transplantations in case you had to lose some vital body parts

Cannon fodder (Read : Soldiers)

Get your clone(s) to do labour

etc… etc…

But i kinda agree that it was not really meant that HUMANS could clone themselves… Though mother nature HAS entities that clone themselves (bacteria , viruses , sea creatures , etc).

This technology can also be misused by the evils. :bigsmile:

Congrats Olli with his new kid :wink:

as long as they don’t clone George W. Bush I don’t care, one moron is more than enough… :bigsmile:

Originally posted by darshanjog
@FlyingDutchman

Yes, we already have about, 1 or 2 years ago.

You mean including Bangladesh and Pakistan? Mainland China alone has 1.3 billion people despite of extreme measures of population control (including war and torture or whatever) while India has 1.1 or so.

Originally posted by intercept

This is a clear outage that scientists were allowed to do this. but mark my words, there will be a hidden gene inside the dna structure that mother nature has hidden way for this very purpose. Now that she has been tampered with, that hidden gene will start its work. We humans were never meant to be cloned it’s a clear violation of Mother Nature :frowning:

Sorry no greetz for this is bad news to me! [/B]

well dont worry!:bigsmile:
there not as advanced as they think!:wink:

nature needs asymetry to survive!hell if everybody was the same one desease would come along and wipe out everyone of us!nature need things to be different because thats how it protects itself!

im 100% percent positive this clone if successful it will be a female!they cant
clone males yet (probably never)

and something to think about if they are very successful with cloning and scientist begin selecting genes they considered superior to other genes it would not fly off too well because how the hell would they know for sure if the genes they select are in fact actually superior!:confused:

cloning would not be the begining of a new race but the end of us all!!:confused:

I’m not so sure if everything is going so well with this experiment. Earlier this year the doctor said that there were more children to be born after the first one. That was expected to be born in December so something went wrong.
I don’t think that they have messed up the dna structure. They first have to see if the cloning wil work before they’ll do that.
We will see but I’m also not happy with it.

Cloning is cool. Hey if they clone more people like Tyra Banks or Rebecca Romijn Stamos the world will be a much more beautiful place. :slight_smile: :bow: :bow:

I posted an interesting topic and got a good response, cheers guys :slight_smile:

Greets The Diplomat :smiley:

Keep on posting:bigsmile:

Originally posted by 2ndsign

im 100% percent positive this clone if successful it will be a female!they cant
clone males yet (probably never)

Could this have something to do with the core purpose of the male and female species ? If you take for instance bees , it’s quite obvious what the males are for and what the females are for… hate to admit it :slight_smile: but in that way the female is superiour (cloning yourself = good surviving chances) than male ( don’t need to clone … plenty of them around). dunno… interesting thing … On the other hand it could mean that the female species is there “just for offspring” so they need to have cloning capabilities where the males don’t need to worry about such fuss and get on with their lives…

Hope i didn’t upset people :slight_smile:

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
Why in the world would China need to clone people??? They have no room as it is. Then again they need women badly.

Hell, I need a woman badly.

That’s a legitimate use of Cloning. We can all have our own Busty, drop dead gorgeous, blue-eyed, and bubbly blonde woman with a special subservience gene embedded! :bigsmile:

LOL!

Maybe after this happens enough, everyone will be drop dead gorgeous, and we’ll breed out the ugly genes! :bigsmile:

LOL!

I’m so slack. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere

But i kinda agree that it was not really meant that HUMANS could clone themselves… Though mother nature HAS entities that clone themselves (bacteria , viruses , sea creatures , etc).

And the great thing about them cloning themselves is that they are all the same and hence can a (pretty much) all be killed by one thing. Antibiotics.

Hence the concern.

How can you tell which is the superior gene, and every gene has it’s own downfall. One thing comes down which affects that partcular gene only and ooops! Everyone has that gene, and the animal world is up to it’s knee pits in dead humans.

Luckily though, some resilient and resourceful lone humans decided that cloning was a bad thing and distanced themselves from it and hence didn’t have the bad gene and are now the sole representatives of the human race.

I’m on a roll.

I think that maybe cloning sounds good, and scientists can’t help but think of the benefits to society.

I can’t help but think that while designing the nuclear bomb, that scientists were thinking happy thoughts about how much power we could get from atomics and save the environment and how much electicity we could save from reducing the lighting bill, cos everyone had a healthy green glow at night.

Science in itself generally is bad.

Sure the technology improves our life, but it also gives the weapon makers of the world some more arsenal to play with. Usually the weapon makers win-out.

Originally posted by Kenshin
[B]

You mean including Bangladesh and Pakistan? Mainland China alone has 1.3 billion people despite of extreme measures of population control (including war and torture or whatever) while India has 1.1 or so.

[/B]

I am talking about India. Estimates indicate that we have already surpassed China in terms of population.

India has nothing to do with Bangladesh & Pakistan. These are 2 different countries.

I am talking about only India. The official figures will be out when the census takes place.

I was watching a recent interview of India’s Prime Minister and I remember him saying that India is currently the second most populated country but the most rapidly growing one. He said that India is expected to beat China in the next decade.

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
I was watching a recent interview of India’s Prime Minister and I remember him saying that India is currently the second most populated country but the most rapidly growing one. He said that India is expected to beat China in the next decade.

I think we should wait for the official figures.:bigsmile:

There are different estimates by different people on this matter.